• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show us your bag mods!

booter said:
lol ....thats cool. you can take a look at it when your busy watchin me on the lead card :wink:

for real though,this feels like its gonna do some good on it. i did it specifically for manor in case it was gonna be muddy after that round we had a couple weeks ago. it feels just like rubber so we'll see how it goes.

yeah looks like the rain comes on Sunday. let's hope it stays dry for at least one round. figures we get a week of sunshine and come tourney day its gonna rain. let's just hope we play better than that fiasco at ridge :D

anyways back on topic, more bag mods now!

that looks awesome booter, keep us posted on how it works out this weekend.

how much is a can of plastidip and how much does one cost? i'm going to do this to my simian for sure but i'm not torn between the grizzly grip and the plastidip...

frank,im sure chris can let you know where he got em from.

uNicedmeMan thanks man. ill def report back with my results after this weekend.

i got a 11oz can for like 6 bucks at home depot. they had the 14oz brush on stuff version of it but i wanted to use the spray on. i didnt even use the whole can,i probably could have but it was pretty thick for now. i have about 6 coats on it or so? from what i read on the can,you can after you spray the first layer,you can add some christaline silicone grit or whatever else and then spray on top of it to give it some grip.

i originally wanted to do the grizzly grip but im impatient and this was faster and cheaper for now. i guess i could always do grizzly grip later if it doesnt work out good enough but so far it feels good with a good amount of flex still.

Nice job Booter. That came out really nice. Looks like i will have to get the spray can next time instead of the brush on stuff. Trust me, you wont be disappointed. This stuff holds up for a long time unless you are a bag dragger or thrower :D

Frank Delicious said:
booter said:
lol well now theres no reason NOT to put any on now. DEW EET frank!

I just need to track some down.
I took two off my Sim I'll sell ya. If I get around to coating the bottom I'll take off the other two. Maybe before I make my trip to your neighborhood...

ferretdance03 said:
Frank Delicious said:
booter said:

I took two off my Sim I'll sell ya. If I get around to coating the bottom I'll take off the other two. Maybe before I make my trip to your neighborhood...

If you take all four off, I'll buy them from you when you come down.

ferretdance03 said:
Frank Delicious said:
booter said:

Why did you take them off?

The kept turning in towards my back and would irritate my skin after a full round. With the codura bottom I don't think they're really necessary, even less so if I put a rubber coating on.

Copy that Frank.

Has anyone tried this on a revo carolina? If so, I'd like to see how it worked out for the drink holders on the side since they don't have a solid bottom. I'm brainstorming about how to do this, but if someone has successfully done it before the info would be helpful.

fade tourney does not have a rigid bottom

the plasti dip is rubber, so its extremely flexible
no worries bout drink holder...

look up plasti-dip on the website, its used for rope, netting ... all kinds of stuff where flexibility is not an issue, i wouldn't worry at all a bout the bottom of a bag holding up, i dont see this stuff flaking off either

and if it does flake off, you can add coats at any time, so patching any areas should be easy

as far as instructions... i would recommend stuffing the bag with something to make it easier to "shape the bag" i used tshirts, coulda used anything

I'm not worried about the bottom of the bag...it's just that there isn't a full enclosure of the drink holders like on fade and GB bags, there is only a nylon strap, just enough to keep your drink from falling out.

ahh... i see, i just watched this to see what your talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmSZxAgNWg

no worries, Personally, i would not coat the strap/cord, you could tape it off just fine

i'd imagine you could coat it fine, but i'm not sure if its elastic, i'm sure if it is you would lose some of the elasticity, you could do many things though

just coat sides, not coat the cupholder at all
i would put a dif bottom on mine, but its up to you
(something like the video... another strap or something...)

this plasti dip coating is nothing more than making your fabric thicker, and yes a rubberized coating... but it just thickens your bag, it doesn't make it rigid or anything, its pretty much a flexible paint - i dont see anyworries bout the drink holder, just some thing different to tape off

What exactly is your concern, victorb? Are you wanting to make the bottom of the cupholder solid or something?

And yeah, nice job booter, looks sweet! You'll definitely be diggin' if if you do indeed have to play in some wet conditions.

some call me...tim? said:
What exactly is your concern, victorb? Are you wanting to make the bottom of the cupholder solid or something?

I'm really just contemplating coating the bottom inch or so of the drink holders, so the wetness they would otherwise pick up doesn't seep into the side pockets. Booter's trash bag thing might work if I finagle it just right.

tim and dapats - thanks guys, it feels good to the touch so im sure itll hold just fine. the tape i used,worked just fine marking the line i needed to make while masking it off. thanks to both of yall with the mods that yall did. otherwise i would of never thought of doin this to it!

brandon- i used one bag and then cut up another to mask off everything i needed. use some of the masking tape i suggested and itll stick just fine to the bag incase you decide not to spray that part of the drink holder.

I just put my first coat of plasti-dip on my Squirrel Monkey and popped in a movie. Pictures to follow later.

In the meantime, I found this nifty little pocket at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5/R-202018024/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

It has a belt clip and a belt loop, and could be attached to a water bottle holder for extra space. For $5 I thought it was well worth it.

For those of you with GB bags, try cutting off the excess 4-5 threads of the PVC coupler in your frame with a hacksaw, so that the threads are pretty well flush with the corrugated board when screwed in. Puts less stress on the fabric it pushes into. I tried this after I saw somebody (dgdave, maybe,) selling a Kong that had holes in the pockets from the threads rubbing through.

so after a soggy morning saturday and today, the bag has held up fine with the new coating of plastidip! everything stayed dry and the coating held up great! i reccomend this to anybody who wants to do a cheap mod that will be well worth it

Latest posts