• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sick, sick, SICK ACE!

discspeed

* Ace Member *
Today during the 3rd round of the Moccasin Lake Open Aleksey Bubis ACED hole 16 in the left position! It is 476' legit with 400' of that traveling across a gusty swirly lake and the teepad points in the wrong direction. I was on hole 17's teepad and I watched it fly for like 6+ seconds and hyzer into the chains (the disc stayed in the chains). He was on the lead card and as they walked by JohnE McCray said it was the best ace he's ever seen. Kenny threw in the water and Feldberg seemed pissed that someone else threw his signature disc in the basket (it was a DF champ Boss). Too bad it wasn't the Destroyer I gave him for his birthday on Weds...

This has never been done before and its got to be on of the top 10 aces in the history of the sport. Congrats Boobs!

Boobs is also one of the most talented drivers of the golf disc I've ever met.

Sweet story.

I could be wrong, but I think he aced hole 1 at Water Works a few years ago with a roc. It was after a rain delay and he threw a practice shot on #1 on his way down to his hole and smashed that one too. I've never been to Cliff Stevens but that sounds like a pretty special one too.

JCM566 said:
I could be wrong, but I think he aced hole 1 at Water Works a few years ago with a roc. It was after a rain delay and he threw a practice shot on #1 on his way down to his hole and smashed that one too. I've never been to Cliff Stevens but that sounds like a pretty special one too.

He actually told me that story today after his ace at lunch. He said that shot and his one today were the two best of his life.

Went to DG Course Review to see if there was a picture of hole 16 to show people but the photos on there are ancient. Hole A's island by 16 doesn't even exist! :shock:

Here's the picture that's on there though, I marked where I think the basket position approximately is. It's barely recognizable as the same hole now but this at least gives a basic impression of what the hole is like. Needless to say it's a rather intimidating hole if you're really trying to get it across to the basket instead of playing it safer partway down the bank on the right. During the Am weekend with the gusting winds I'd guess that more than 70 discs went in the water on this hole alone, even with most people just trying to be safe.

4107427991_9404a7e09e_o.jpg

JimW said:
Went to DG Course Review to see if there was a picture of hole 16 to show people but the photos on there are ancient. Hole A's island by 16 doesn't even exist! :shock:

Here's the picture that's on there though, I marked where I think the basket position approximately is. It's barely recognizable as the same hole now but this at least gives a basic impression of what the hole is like. Needless to say it's a rather intimidating hole if you're really trying to get it across to the basket instead of playing it safer partway down the bank on the right. During the Am weekend with the gusting winds I'd guess that more than 70 discs went in the water on this hole alone, even with most people just trying to be safe.

4107427991_9404a7e09e_o.jpg

The basket is at least 80', maybe 100' to the left of your mark. FYI--Aleksey threw his first two drives in the water on that same hole in the final round. :oops:

damn...now im really pissed i didnt go watch. ive hit metal and washed out for an almost duce in that postion, would never even dream of acing it. ill take my par and run on that hole anyday.

Latest posts