• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One round, 2 aces...(Am I gratuitous bastard?)

discspeed

* Ace Member *
I'm not usually into bragging threads, but I had the most remarkable round of my life this morning at our weekly handicap. Long story short, I hit 2 aces. The first hole I aced is about 280', though it is a brand new pin position and has not been measured yet. You throw off a teepad pointed in the wrong direction and play over the lake all the way to the basket, which is about 20' past the water. I threw my medium proto Ion and it stayed pure on the line the whole way straight into the left side of the chains. It never turned or faded...probably my prettiest ace ever. The second hole (3 holes later) is 318' and plays through a gap in the pine trees right off the teepad before it opens up with the basket placed in a sparse group of pines. I threw my red S-PD pretty much flat through the gap and it went straight the whole way before fading softly into the chains.

The funny part is that I had never aced in a competitive singles format before, despite acing 60+ times in practice and casual play. I had also never aced at this particular park, despite playing there frequently. I won $100 for each ace.

You jumping around and yelling like a giddy school girl after each of them was pretty entertaining. Too bad I don't have that on video. :lol:

I sorta called his first one while it was in the air. I was in the middle of saying "It would be pretty funny if you aced this new position on the first throw ever" when it went in.

Blah.

I just wish I could pick up my first ace.

Some of the holes on my home course just seem like ace magnets but I keep getting spit outs or deflections off the basket.

Good job, though. That must have been pretty exciting.

Latest posts