• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Karma Ace

patdb23

Birdie Member
Karma Ace

Yesterday before starting my round, I looked through the Pro Shop and found a new Red Star Destroyer 172gm. There was something about this disc, the combination of 3:
1) It was red, my favorite color
2) It was a new Star Destroyer, the disc I been looking to add in my bag (I have 3 broken in flippy ones)
3) It was 172gm, my ideal disc weight

So without question I bought the disc. After finishing the 1st round, I found a Red bottom stamped Star Destroyer with a DD logo on the front, a sweet disc! I checked with the group that was in front of us and no one claimed it. I called the number, no answer or voicemail. I showed my buddy the disc and the discussion went on about what to do with the disc. The suggestion of keeping it came up in the discussion. Again it was a sweet disc, very similar to the one I just bought. I explained that I don't like to keep another person's disc, it's bad karma. If I had lost a disc I would really hope that someone would be honest and return it to me (name, Ph#, and PDGA# on all my discs). It's a good feeling getting back a lost favorite disc. My buddy took a second look at the disc. I told him I called the number, then he pointed out if I dialed 360 or 760, the first three numbers. Realizing I dialed the wrong number, I called back again, connected with the owner, and sure made him happy knowing that his disc would be returned to him. I turned the disc into the Pro Shop for him to pick up.

Right after we proceeded to play a second round. The first hole was 767ft. The very next hole was 330ft, I threw the new Red Destroyer for my drive and smashed the chains for an Ace, which I now call the the Karma Ace. The fact I just bought this disc, found almost the same disc in the round and returned it, and then on the very next throw with this disc I ace has got to say something for Karma. I hope me sharing this story will encourage fellow players that if you find someone else's disc, that it may payback in more ways than one when returning the disc to the owner!

Karma Ace. Hole 2 330ft, Goat Hill at City Center Golf Course in Oceanside, CA.
532796_351844544882400_184515809_n.jpg

I just remembered, two holes later I was looking for my Blizzard disc, and I realized I left it at the Morley Field course I played the day before. Five minutes later my phone rings and it was the Morley Field Pro Shop calling me to say my disc had been returned. Karma again!

I wish people would just call when they find my discs. I found a disc yesterday at Tyler between holes 11 and 12. I'm playing with 4 guys I had just met. I take out my phone and call the guy back and leave a message. The one guy in the group says "So you're one of the good guys who finds a disc and calls the owner." I said "yes, but it seems like no matter how many discs I return I've only gotten two call backs in the last 3 years." Turns out the owner lost this disc 3 years ago and has never been to Tyler in his life. I said that I could send him his disc or I would hold it and when he gets down in the area to just give a call. I just keep trying to bring good Karma into my life. On a side note....if anyone finds a nice red circle stamp cobra on hole 5 at Tyler...It's mine and please call the number on the disc.

After finishing the round, I went back to Morley Field to pick up my returned Blizzard. Ran into a few buddies who were on their last few holes. One of my friends proceeded to tell me how he just lost a TI Stalker that he purchased before the round. He was quite upset, he asked several groups if anyone found it. Then on the last hole, he asked the same group behind him again, and one of the guys finally pulled it out of his bag.

Not a cool move in front of four other groups on the hole to be holding onto someone else's disc after the person asked you about the disc a while ago. My buddy got his disc back, but I'm sure that other guy felt really guilty. It just doesn't make sense trying to take another person's disc. More rewarding to help each other out and return discs to the rightful owner.

nice story but i dont believe in the mumbo jumbo, i just think you played the hole well!

cool story and nice ace. i too have a karma ace under my belt. i fished a katana out of a creek and called the number on it. made arrangements to meet up with the guy a couple days later to give his disc back. we shot a round together that day and i threw my first putter ace. to me the feeling you get when you return someones disc is reward enough but id take an ace as a reward any day.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Omm---ring ring ring

Hello?
Hi - I just found a disc with your name and number on it ...

Awesome story! Discs do carry karma! Water discs almost ALWAYS go right back in the water and if you return a disc you get these amazing shots for the next couple of days lol.

Great story man and congrats on your Ace. It makes me feel good when I can return a disc. I had a guys Shark that I had found in Paw Paw and when I call I find out he lives close to a course up in PA that I've been wanting to play. We make plans to meet up at the course that Saturday. I gave him back his disc and we proceeded to play a couple rounds and both had a blast. No Aces that round but I made a friend for life.

Awesome story. Yesterday me and 3 friends took a trip south to play North Asheboro and Archdale courses in NC. At Asheboro one of my friends found a red champ valkyrie in the creek. He went in after it and no name or number was on it. He kept it in his bag the rest of the day. While at Archdale he sent 3 different discs into the creek there. I told him it was Karma trying to take a disc back. he took one from the creek and the creek was trying really hard to get one back from him.

Latest posts