• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sizes of Disc Golf Bags

Which size of disc golf bag would you feel more comfortable with out on the course, a big, medium, or smaller bag? For some reason I like to carry a lot of discs and bought a big bag and then thought after I got it, that maybe it is a little too many discs to be carrying around without losing them.

I feel exactly the same way. It is nice to be able to trade on the course or loan a buddy a disc or try out some new discs but overall I would rather have my smaller bag back. I probably should have kept it instead of trading it away. :doh:

I started out with a 10 disc bag, went to a 20 and then back to a 10. While I was working out different discs and throwing styles, having many discs at hand was an advantage. But once learned the game, I've been content to carry just 9 discs. Realistically I could drop another 2 discs.

FWIW, I often carry the 20 and the 10 disc bags when I travel to a new course. Now the 20 holds my backups.

I have a Carolina and really like it. When I first got it about a year and a half ago I loaded it up with tons of discs and gear. Now I'm using less discs, and thinking of taking some of the crap out of the pockets. I love the space, but probably don't really need it. For my local courses that I know well I could probably carry a pretty small 10 disc bag and be pretty happy. But there a times when you want to try new discs, bring beers, or just extra clothes, and a bigger bag is nice to have. 2 bags would be ideal. I do have a Fade Crunch form packing in my suitcase for trips. It serves it's purpose on the road.

I've had a innova competition bag for a couple years, and I have a revo dual pack on the way. I do carry about 20 discs, but a lot of those are the same molds in different stages of wear, I'm perfectly comfortable going out with small numbers of discs but I do like having my full bag when I'm at a tournament or on a road trip. I also like having room for towels, a baseball, a flashlight, snacks, water etc.

Ashleigh carries a fade tourney, but she's only got about 12 discs in there, she put a plastic box in the middle that gives her room for a sweatshirt or whatever in addition to the usual pockets.

I have a Fade Crunch and a large Lightning. The large lightning holds a lot but I carry the Crunch all the time and the Lightning bag has turned more into storage.

I do realise though; that I dont do new courses all that much so I know exactly what I want to stick in the crunch as far as throw aways and spares, and Im getting to where I am going to want a bigger bag to fit those "just in case" discs in when I go to a new course, and some of the bigger courses, I want 2 drink carriers as well.

I dont want to have to use quads though. I think I would feel like a douche.

I have a Fade Crunch Box and a Fade Tourney(Dude camo ftw). Just depends where I'm playing we have some pitch and putt courses where I'll bring only 5-10 discs or on the Pro Level courses (Milo, Horning's) I'll load up the tourney bag.

I dont want to have to use quads though. I think I would feel like a douche.

I'm one of those dbs with quads :p, my back is much happier with me after playing 6-8 new courses a day for a week when the weight is on both shoulders.

Giant bag. I had a smaller, cheap bag last year, and it fell apart after one summer. Never had enough room either.

When it was time to replace, I wanted to get a bag that would last, and would carry all my crap.... Oh and had a cooler! Enter the Spike Hyzer Bag.

It's a tank, but I love it. It's always kinda the "mother ship" when a group of us throws. Beer, tunes, smoke(s), etc...

It also looks like it will outlast a Twinkie during a nuclear holocaust.

I actually bought a cheap Lightning large light bag. I don't have many discs, but I can carry a jacket, towel, hand warmers, etc. with no problems. I fit 10 in the middle section (if I don't have a jacket) and two in the putter pocket.

It's not the top of the line bag I'll eventually get, but at this stage in my disc golfing life it's good enough. It holds up pretty well, at least it has so far. I'll probably get a Revo bag next.

I have a fade crunch its perfect right now holds my 11 or 12 discs and the little bit of other stuff I carry with me, but I am somewhat disced down right now so whenever i add some of the faster stuff back in i might have some issues with disc space

I'm one of those dbs with quads :p, my back is much happier with me after playing 6-8 new courses a day for a week when the weight is on both shoulders.

I get the concept of the straps and its a good idea, I just am resisting.

Whats going to happen is, Im going to get my bigger bag with 2 drink holders so I can carry spares and extra luggage; play 1 round with it on my shoulder with 2 liters of liquid and all the other weight I just shoved in there and I will be running out to buy the quads before I try to carry that bag again. :D

I get the concept of the straps and its a good idea, I just am resisting.

Whats going to happen is, Im going to get my bigger bag with 2 drink holders so I can carry spares and extra luggage; play 1 round with it on my shoulder with 2 liters of liquid and all the other weight I just shoved in there and I will be running out to buy the quads before I try to carry that bag again. :D

So true, I was really resistant to them too at first. I was stubborn for a couple months after I got my competition bag, then gave in and felt like an idiot for spending so much on straps. A couple rounds with them though, and I've never looked back.

So true, I was really resistant to them too at first. I was stubborn for a couple months after I got my competition bag, then gave in and felt like an idiot for spending so much on straps. A couple rounds with them though, and I've never looked back.

One thing thats softening me up is the Lat64 straps. Look very reasonably priced.

I wish I could find one of these in person looks like it could be a sweet golf bag. I saw some spider wire bags that would work awesome for disc.

Attachments

• ugly_stik_tackle_bag_folding_chair_1413_1260354831_L.jpg
    ugly_stik_tackle_bag_folding_chair_1413_1260354831_L.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts