• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Skellefteå Open

That first hole must be brutal. . par6 and still avg OVER par!!

Avg FPO 7,5. . .MPO 6,8

Am I right on reading that Ricky is the only one to take a 4 on that first hole?

That must be quite a hole, he gained 5 strokes on a lot of players on the first hole.

Yes, Ricky with the ONLY 4. . hard hole...but still, only 350m

Bad F9 AGAIN for Paige

This course is just outside of where Latitude 64 is located. I believe (could be wrong), that Tomas Ekstrom is one of the people that helped design this course. He's the guy that designs discs for Lat64 and is an old school player known for his power. You can find old footage of him from the 80s and 90s battling with Climo on top cards. The design for hole 1 is intentional - it's meant to challenge the best players in the world that have distance and accuracy.

That is what is cool about the top levels of sport. The sheer ability of some players is amazing.

At 350 meters I need 4 throws just to get there across an open field no obstacles, no putts.

This looks from the course map to be 350 meters, winding and wooded.

To be able to play it clear for a par 6 would be amazing for me on a good day, yet several took a 5 and one 4.

Very cool!

It's hard to know how much this course might have changed from last year but...

This is the course layout for last year's event. Hole 1 was current hole 5. If you want to see current hole 1 then watch hole 15 from the final round last year.

course-map-so-2017_1_orig.jpg

Starting at 10:28 here:

Discgolf Metrix shows a 4-way tie in FPO. was there a playoff--if so. how won?

On the PDGA event page, it has Paige in the top spot. In theory that means she won but they could have decided to split it I guess?

Last edited:
On the PDGA event page, it has Paige in the top spot. In theory that means she won but they could have decided to split it I guess?

I'm not sure. It shows Paige as a DNF for the playoff. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't look like she is playing.

Paige plays for 3-Days and makes a comeback . . and then DNF the playoff?!?

May have had a flight to catch, knowing she got tie for 2nd money per PDGA policy?

Someone was Facebook live for the playoff, Paige was playing in it. PDGA results show her in a tie for 2nd.

I'm assuming it showed "DNF" because she was eliminated early on, not because she didn't show up at all.

It could just be an issue of DGMetrix not having a more accurate program set up for being eliminated in a playoff with more than 2 players.

Latest posts