• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Slipknot

Meshuggah's bass player is a pretty cool dude. Spent some time talking smack with him about popular bands one year backstage at Ozzfest. Then watched him, Pepper from Down and the Andrew WK drummer shred some Sabbath in a small tent to less than 20 of us. No idea if he disc golfs, but wouldn't be surprised if he did.

At least for Jumpman, I'm guessing they're up to their eyeballs in knockoff Jordan shoes/apparel. Probably way too busy on other, bigger stuff to care much about a disc golf company. It's probably not even worth their time to have a lawyer write a letter given the minimal profits we're talking about from Jumpman wizards.

I know of high school and small college basketball players who got C&D'd for making their own similar logos and using it on their social media or having it put on their own workout clothes. So not even profiting off it in any way.

I suspect that if Nike knew about disc golf, they'd go after Gateway.

I know of high school and small college basketball players who got C&D'd for making their own similar logos and using it on their social media or having it put on their own workout clothes. So not even profiting off it in any way.

Drew Gibson is jump man stamping most of his discs. He put out an In The Bag recently. C&D probably depends on who, how big, and how much money? Idk.

Drew Gibson is jump man stamping most of his discs. He put out an In The Bag recently. C&D probably depends on who, how big, and how much money? Idk.

Knowing about Drew Gibson entails knowing about disc golf.

You all just gave me metal homework to last a couple months so far, thank you :thmbup:

Also, I recently found I had a taste for instrumental metal and bumped into Mick Gordon's work - he's typically a game audio composer, but the guy has made some metal tracks that really pump.

The score to DOOM was epic. I'm glad you thought so, I did as well.

I think you'll like some of the more melodic and uptempo black metal like Gallowbraid, Fen, Ulver and even some of the incomparable dirgy angst of Burzum. Just don't read into the story of Burzum, you might get turned off.

ok....I'm out!

:D

They might, though generally speaking companies tend to be MUCH tougher on use of their trademarks when it is happening directly in their primary field. That goes double when they think the "slightly altered" logo may need a scare lest those folks try to use the slightly altered logo for their own material going forward.

If I owned the jumpman logo I'd be a lot more concerned about people in basketball making a very similar logo even if they weren't currently selling anything than I would about someone like Gateway pumping out some Jumpman Wizards. Gateway might be making some money off of my logo, but since I don't sell discs or anything remotely related to disc golf, they aren't taking any money out of my pocket. Folks using slightly altered jumpman logos might present more of a challenge to my income if they're already putting it on clothing or using it on social media...even if they haven't sold anything yet.

Maybe I just have a hard time believing that "Nike" doesn't know about disc golf. Nike is large, and it's kind of their job to know about it. Though maybe they don't know about Gateway, they're still a pretty small company in terms of name recognition. I'm pretty sure if Paul McBeth was pumping out Jumpman Lunas by the thousands it would be a different story.

I think you'll like some of the more melodic and uptempo black metal like Gallowbraid, Fen, Ulver and even some of the incomparable dirgy angst of Burzum. Just don't read into the story of Burzum, you might get turned off.

ok....I'm out!

That gallowbraid album is awesome while driving around in the cold. Of course I had to read about Burzum but I waited until AFTER listening to some and liking it. All I can say is holy ****.

Never thought I'd run into a thread like this on this forum. Super cool :)

Aaaaanyway. I dont care about genres all that much. If you like it, cool. Dont like it, cool. Dont just limit yourself because a) a genre ought to be cool b) a genre ought not to be cool. Off the top of my head, bands that have been on my playlist for the last year or so, and have varying amounts of heaviness in them, among a myriad of other things:

Amorphis

Huntsmen

Decapitated

Harakiri for the Sky

Cult of Luna

Demonic Death Judge

Vokonis

Rivers of Nihil

Jesus isnt music just f***ing awesome.

(last one wasnt a band. just a statement lol)

Ya, Norwegian death metal scene in that early Burzum era made about as much sense as East Coast / West Coast rap beef. Some people got caught up in the show.

Also, Lightning Bolt!!!

ok....I'm out!

Yeah, Burzum (and many other Nordic Black Metal bands) are white supremacists.

Like, literally Nazi type beliefs.

Have you seen the cover of "The Ways of Yore"?

Last edited:
Yeah, Burzum (and many other Nordic Black Metal bands) are white supremacists.

Like, literally Nazi type beliefs.

Have you seen the cover of "The Ways of Yore"?

Zoinks! Hoping Discraft didn't do a deal with those types. None on my playlist!

Only similarish genre band logo I can think of that I'd like on a disc is Demon Hunter.
attachment.php

Attachments

• C1607F59-6952-43ED-B13A-7FA1021AFDB1.jpg
    C1607F59-6952-43ED-B13A-7FA1021AFDB1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 30