• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Smoke the chains with a Roach

I might just want one of these!

Can't find any specs on it yet though. Deep, shallow, thin or thick rim?

Got the specs

Max weight - 175
Diameter - 21.1
Height - 2.0
Rim depth - 1.5
rim thickness - 1.1

Looks like a less stable Challenger

Roach was in the prototype stage when it was thrown and enjoyed by thousands of disc golfers during the 2015 Ace Race.
Now it's available to all disc golfers!

Wow. Discraft ran an Ace Race this year? Did anybody go to one?

Roach was in the prototype stage when it was thrown and enjoyed by thousands of disc golfers during the 2015 Ace Race.
Now it's available to all disc golfers!

Wow. Discraft ran an Ace Race this year? Did anybody go to one?

Sure did. My DG league sponsered one and everyone recieved 2 proto discs to use.
I love them and kicked out my Magnets and toss the protos in.

They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.

They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.

This IS the same company that named a driver the "Crank" and sold the protos in a blue plastic with a breaking bad knock off stamp...

Troll much?

AppROACH=roach

You sound very intellectual though. Please critique other disc names since you seem to know the origins.

Really?

Me thinks thou doest protest too much!

Given the ever increasing shooting incidences, one might think Innova's Colt is just as inappropriate. But then again, it's your love child so we'll all look away.

I'm not trying to debate political points here (on the Crank or the Colt).

My point is that "roach" is a filthy, disease carrying insect that keeps the Raid company in business, and for a company to even consider naming a product after such repulsive filth shows why they're so far behind Innova in disc golf sales.

This isn't trolling; I'm pointing out a serious and huge mistake by Discraft. If they want to continue down this road of sheer stupidity and repulsive disc-naming... hey, it's a free country, go for it. But good grief, what stupidity.

I'm not trying to debate political points here (on the Crank or the Colt).

My point is that "roach" is a filthy, disease carrying insect that keeps the Raid company in business, and for a company to even consider naming a product after such repulsive filth shows why they're so far behind Innova in disc golf sales.

This isn't trolling; I'm pointing out a serious and huge mistake by Discraft. If they want to continue down this road of sheer stupidity and repulsive disc-naming... hey, it's a free country, go for it. But good grief, what stupidity.
-------------------------------------
Translation
I'M LOOKING TO BE OUTRAGED BY TRIVIAL THINGS.

CARE TO ENGAGE IN A HEATED ONLINE DEBATE ABOUT IT?

Wow! I think that I'll go hang out in the Christmas thread instead.

Oh, wait... There's a peeing match going on in it, too. :p

Translation
I'M LOOKING TO BE OUTRAGED BY TRIVIAL THINGS.

CARE TO ENGAGE IN A HEATED ONLINE DEBATE ABOUT IT?

I FIND THE TRIVIALITY OF YOUR OUTRAGE TO BE OUTRAGEOUS!

Latest posts