• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Smoke the chains with a Roach

Plus it's "crafty at avoiding danger" according to the Discraft description.

That makes sense with the name. Bug I still don't like it.

I did the 2015 ace race and got one disc with a flat top and one with a domed top. Both suck imo. I'm throwing my wizard at the chains and these are just in my bag taking up space.

C'mon, you guys have to give Discraft some credit for embracing the culture. And there is no way they didn't know it would be controversial, given the stamp and the Vibram Four20 fiasco. I think this move is pretty ballsy.

Also, controversy = headlines = sales. This is easy, guys.

C'mon, you guys have to give Discraft some credit for embracing the culture. And there is no way they didn't know it would be controversial, given the stamp and the Vibram Four20 fiasco. I think this move is pretty ballsy.
Also, controversy = headlines = sales. This is easy, guys.

I think people are going to see that name and not think of anything but something one does not want to see on their kitchen counters.

Imagine being in an Academy Sports, seeing names like "Destroyer" (ooh, cool!) and "Challenger" and "Valkyrie" (ooh, I know the words to that: "kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit"), and even Viper and Hornet conjure up images of striking at the chains and stinging those high scores. Then the "Roach"... uggh!

As to Hornet, Drone, Wasp, etc....hmmm, there's at least one football team that calls itself "Yellow Jackets" (Georgia Tech), a hockey team named "Blue Jackets" (same as yellow jackets but are blue and black), and Wasps and Hornets suggest fighting images which are good for sports.

Haven't found a football team or any other sports team called the "Roaches" yet... uggh... nasty....

I don't care if a disc is named "Dad's Sweaty Junk", if it flies right for me, I'm bagging it.

Has anyone thrown a Roach yet?

I think people are going to see that name and not think of anything but something one does not want to see on their kitchen counters.

Imagine being in an Academy Sports, seeing names like "Destroyer" (ooh, cool!) and "Challenger" and "Valkyrie" (ooh, I know the words to that: "kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit"), and even Viper and Hornet conjure up images of striking at the chains and stinging those high scores. Then the "Roach"... uggh!

As to Hornet, Drone, Wasp, etc....hmmm, there's at least one football team that calls itself "Yellow Jackets" (Georgia Tech), a hockey team named "Blue Jackets" (same as yellow jackets but are blue and black), and Wasps and Hornets suggest fighting images which are good for sports.

Haven't found a football team or any other sports team called the "Roaches" yet... uggh... nasty....

UCSC Banana Slugs!

I would totally bag a mold called the Banana Slug, btw.

I have compiled a list of objectionable disc names, along with the reason they are offensive, for those who would like to avoid these things in the future:

-Crank (drogas)
-DD (strip clubs)
-Dominator (sexual deviance)
-Riot (violence)
-Surge (soda that is sadly missed)
-Wave (should be outlawed at sporting events)
-Monster (they're big and scary)
-Predator (Chris Hanson)
-Titan (really awful football team)
-XXX (p0rn)
-Thief (crime)
-Spark (drogas)
-Switch (Adrian Peterson)
-Glide (sexual deviance)
-Gauge (guns, and people misspell it a lot)
-Roc (drogas, again)
-Fuse (bombs)
-Mortar (more bombs)
-Shark (ruthless killers of baby seals)
-Colt (alcohol)
-Pig (gluttony)
-Beaver (duh)
-Warlock (witchcraft)

Please keep this bookmarked as a reference.

If you're offended by Roach and haven't said anything about the Predator then please have a seat over there, we need to talk.

-Predator (Chris Hanson)

I have compiled a list of objectionable disc names, along with the reason they are offensive, for those who would like to avoid these things in the future:

-Crank (drogas)
-DD (strip clubs)
-Dominator (sexual deviance)
-Riot (violence)
-Surge (soda that is sadly missed)
-Wave (should be outlawed at sporting events)
-Monster (they're big and scary)
-Predator (Chris Hanson)
-Titan (really awful football team)
-XXX (p0rn)
-Thief (crime)
-Spark (drogas)
-Switch (Adrian Peterson)
-Glide (sexual deviance)
-Gauge (guns, and people misspell it a lot)
-Roc (drogas, again)
-Fuse (bombs)
-Mortar (more bombs)
-Shark (ruthless killers of baby seals)
-Colt (alcohol)
-Pig (gluttony)
-Beaver (duh)
-Warlock (witchcraft)

Please keep this bookmarked as a reference.
Don't forget the Buzzz.
I can see the sales pitch now. "Buy a Roach and get a free Buzzz"

They need to rename this disc. I will never, EVER, buy a disc named "roach". The roach is a disgusting, filthy insect that should be eradicated from the face of this earth. The other use of the term "roach" pertains to illegal drug use.

Bottom line, this may be a great disc, but Discraft made an exceptionally poor choice in the name of it. I really am stunned at how thoughtless Discraft was about this.

I hate this post so much.

My point is that "roach" is a filthy, disease carrying insect that keeps the Raid company in business, and for a company to even consider naming a product after such repulsive filth shows why they're so far behind Innova in disc golf sales.
Umm, yeah. That's gotta be the reason. Not the fact that they've only released six molds in the last three years. Three of which were their Ace Race prototypes.

This isn't trolling; I'm pointing out a serious and huge mistake by Discraft. If they want to continue down this road of sheer stupidity and repulsive disc-naming... hey, it's a free country, go for it. But good grief, what stupidity.
Man, you sound a lot like this guy.