• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Someone stole a disc right out from under me. UNBELIEVABLE

We were at Hiller Park on hole 10. We saw a kid wandering the course for a few holes, he moved past us and vanished.

A guy throwing with us takes his tee shot on 10, throws a killer throw over the water, the disc turns nicely towards the basket and parks within a few feet of the basket. The basket on 10 is in a wooded cove area and somewhat secluded. As I am starting to make my throw I see this same kid come running out of the wooded basket area, with the disc my friend just threw. The kid takes off up the road that leads out of the park.

So my friend takes off on foot after this kid, but by now the kid has quite a head start on him. He asked a couple of bicyclists on the road to catch the kid and they take off after this troubled teen. He then flags down a car and asks for a ride to catch this kid, they agree and he hopped on their trunk and they gave him a ride up the road to where the bikers had caught this punk. A few minutes later my friend shows up with the disc the kid stole. He said he wanted to smack the kid, but did not. He did give him a good talking too, by the time he was finished with the kid, the kid was in tears and worried the cops would be called.

Kids today - no home training. No integrity. No clue.

He did give him a good talking too, by the time he was finished with the kid, the kid was in tears and worried the cops would be called...........

This part warms my heart. However it reminds me of the time a neighbor dad showed up at my door with several boys who it seems he had caught stealing the plastic caps from the valve stems on my son's vehicle. The boys were made to apologize and replace the caps with a new set of chrome ones, undoubtedly bought with their allowance. I was pretty impressed at the old fashioned justice dispensed by that dad.

The next day the chrome caps were missing as well. :wall:

I know it happens but this makes me sick.

I find discs literally almost every round. Mostly near fairways, I just have an eye for weird colors I guess and I have only kept a couple out of two out of dozens. And only then because it was a no # on a course with no facilities in a town where I know no one.

Otherwise they get a call and they get their disc back.

I returned a VIP stag to a guy yesterday. I have never gotten a lost disc returned but I hold hope that one day I might.

But like your friend I would go ballistic and chase down anyone who nabbed one of mine while I was watching.

Opposite Experience

I was out playing a course when a kid walked over to me and asked if I had found a River. I said no and then asked "what color was it?" which is kind of a stupid question which perhaps raised his curiosity. I hadn't found any disc regardless of color but he kept standing there and staring at me and telling me about how he really missed the disc. So I dumped my bag right in front of him and told him he could look all he wanted but I didn't have any of his discs. He quickly looked and then went on his way. I am guessing that my unnecessary question is what caused the awkwardness. But I had no trouble showing what I had. I'm from Philly and when a cop "asks" you to empty your pockets, you do immediately. Same for anyone else who thinks that I might have stolen something.

The sad part is, that if these kids/teens would ask, I know most of us carry spares and discs we just no longer throw that we (at least I would) give to them to get them started in the sport. I remember playing a round with some randoms one time and they were just getting started in the sport, one of them says to me, "I could so come in here at night and steal some of these baskets". I told him, "no, you shouldn't" and went to my car. Kids these days.

Latest posts