• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Someone stole a disc right out from under me. UNBELIEVABLE

We were walking down to where we assumed our discs hit, and we heard a 'Yoohoo!". I looked up and saw the dumbasses holding our discs. They made a break for it and we didn't even make an effort to catch them

Based on this scenario it sounds like the teens were trying to get you to chase them. They probably knew they could outrun you and were looking for a little excitement along with a couple of free discs.

So this is sorta related and i didn't want to start another 'what do i do with a found disc thread' - since we don't need another of those on here....

Yesterday i found an inked disc and texted that i found his teebird. Get the text back - "really? is it white?" Nope - yellow star, sent the pic and hole / course for where it was found. "wow - i don't even remember that disc (makes sense as its old enough that most of the stamp is gone) and have never played that course. Someone must have nabbed it and lost it. KARMA. You can keep it"

So I have no issue keeping it as i was given the ok - but it just seems weird bagging a disc with someone else's ink. What do you guys do? Cross it out? Try to remove it? Leave it and see if i can manage to lose it and find its way back home eventually?
I have a Titanium Nuke with someone's ink on it. I just left it on and figured that if I lost it the "cycle" would repeat.

So this is sorta related and i didn't want to start another 'what do i do with a found disc thread' - since we don't need another of those on here....

Yesterday i found an inked disc and texted that i found his teebird. Get the text back - "really? is it white?" Nope - yellow star, sent the pic and hole / course for where it was found. "wow - i don't even remember that disc (makes sense as its old enough that most of the stamp is gone) and have never played that course. Someone must have nabbed it and lost it. KARMA. You can keep it"

So I have no issue keeping it as i was given the ok - but it just seems weird bagging a disc with someone else's ink. What do you guys do? Cross it out? Try to remove it? Leave it and see if i can manage to lose it and find its way back home eventually?

Common practice around here when discs are traded or sold between players is to draw a single line through the old name and contact info (so it's still legible) and write "given/traded/sold to" with the new owner's name and info. Sometimes we don't even bother crossing out the old name, figuring if it gets lost and returned to them, they know how to get it back to the person they gave it to.

For example, I gave a disc to my father a while back. He didn't bother putting his name on it since mine was already there. He threw it into a river at his local course. A few days later, someone found it and contacted me. I was able to connect the finder with my father and the disc was reclaimed within a couple days.

My best recovered disc story (and I have a few) happened a few years back.

I'm playing solo at the Castle and throwing multiples from every tee.
Left a disc on 15 and realize it a couple holes later, maybe 10 minutes later. So I retrace my steps and run into this raucus mob of 9 or 10 college-age guys and girls.
When I asked them about my disc, there was an awkward moment while the girls stared at the guy who picked up my disc. He gave me my disc and I said thanks and left. While walking off, I looked at it to see if it had sustained any damage, he had already written his name on the disc!
I got some bug spray and soaked the ink and it came right off (Deet will remove ink as good as acetone, scary).

My local course has a few roads that run throughout the park. On multiple occasions, I've had people stop their cars, pick up my drive, and promptly leave! They all know what they've done wrong as I use my "outdoor voice" to let them know.

My concern here is how that would be scored in a tourney. What if a spectator just takes your shot and runs away? Would that be a re-tee or could you take a spot in the approximate location your disc landed?

A thrown disc at rest that has been moved shall be replaced to its approximate position (see 802.02.E). A marker disc at rest that has been moved shall be replaced to mark the approximate lie (see 802.03.F).

My best recovered disc story (and I have a few) happened a few years back.

I'm playing solo at the Castle and throwing multiples from every tee.
Left a disc on 15 and realize it a couple holes later, maybe 10 minutes later. So I retrace my steps and run into this raucus mob of 9 or 10 college-age guys and girls.
When I asked them about my disc, there was an awkward moment while the girls stared at the guy who picked up my disc. He gave me my disc and I said thanks and left. While walking off, I looked at it to see if it had sustained any damage, he had already written his name on the disc!I got some bug spray and soaked the ink and it came right off (Deet will remove ink as good as acetone, scary).

The thing you didn't mention that makes a big difference in this story is if you had your name/number on the disc. If you did, it was a jerk move on his part to write his name on it. If you didn't, he was just doing what most of us do when we find a blank disc.

My local course has a few roads that run throughout the park. On multiple occasions, I've had people stop their cars, pick up my drive, and promptly leave! They all know what they've done wrong as I use my "outdoor voice" to let them know.

My concern here is how that would be scored in a tourney. What if a spectator just takes your shot and runs away? Would that be a re-tee or could you take a spot in the approximate location your disc landed?

A thrown disc at rest that has been moved shall be replaced to its approximate position (see 802.02.E). A marker disc at rest that has been moved shall be replaced to mark the approximate lie (see 802.03.F).

Yup. Basically, the group comes to a consensus on where the disc was. Drop a mini and throw from there.

Lets just say that junior DGers arent exactly perfect. Im a junior, I havent played in a junior division without a cheater. It really drove me to play rec alongside the fact that I beat everyone everytime in junior. Hey, if you ever see those kids again you can give them a run for their money. :D Usually brats like that are locals who live near the course, I would be suprised if they dont try it again.

Heh, I never understood a cheater. Maybe it's because of something my dad told me very early in life "Son, if you cheat and win your victory means nothing .........but what if you cheat and then lose?"

Actually, they all did. In my first tourney A kid cheated like 4 times, he lost his favorite driver and 2 strokes to me on the second to last hole. He honestly deserved it.

Heh, I never understood a cheater. Maybe it's because of something my dad told me very early in life "Son, if you cheat and win your victory means nothing .........but what if you cheat and then lose?"

There is a guy in our area that has been accused of cheating multiple times. The last two tourneys I've played with him, he's finished dfl. It apparently isn't helping him very much.

I am 99% sure this happened to me at Dretzka park. There was a large group of middle school/high school kids near the pin "looking for a disc" or something. They said I should throw, my shot was pretty good but went slightly out of sight. The kids left and I never found my disc which should have been extremely easy.

I got robbed by a senior citizen that drove off with a couple of my Glo Gazelles.

if someone tells me to keep it i will sell it or give it to someone on the course if i think it will benefit their game. usually the former.

i don't even like taking discs from someone that gives them to me. i have this weird urge to beat in my own discs, otherwise i feel like i've "cheated" and taken a shortcut somehow. it's silly, but it is what it is.

I got robbed by a senior citizen that drove off with a couple of my Glo Gazelles.

JIM+C.jpg

^^sidewinder, is that you?

Is that the guy that waved at you when you were yelling at him?

I had a similar situation happen to me a while back. I threw past the basket on a 450' hole 3. Not totally amazing because it has a 25' elevation drop. I watched as a fellow dger picked up my disc and walked to the next hole. I confronted him and he wanted to argue with me that no one could reach that far from the t-box. :confused:

I had to pull out my drivers license and prove it was my disc. :wall:

I just realized the unintentional pun I created with "drivers license". It's sad that I laugh at myself so frequently.

Last edited:
Is that the guy that waved at you when you were yelling at him?

I had a similar situation happen to me a while back. I threw past the basket on a 450' hole 3. Not totally amazing because it has a 25' elevation drop. I watched as a fellow dger picked up my disc and walked to the next hole. I confronted him and he wanted to argue with me that no one could reach that far from the t-box. :confused:

I had to pull out my drivers license and prove it was my disc. :wall:

That's what you get for showing off. Keep your drives under 400' like the rest of us, please.

Latest posts