• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Something between a Teebird and Zone

If that's the case you may want to check out the Verdict since it'll be easier to find and probably a lot cheaper. I would also suggest a Buzzz OS but those are pretty hard to find too I believe

That's part of the reason I've given up on the Buzzz OS. Too hard to find & way overpriced on eBay.

Yes, I'm not looking for a straight to finish type flight. I already get that with my Z-Buzzz. I'm also not looking for a total meathook that starts dumping out of your hand like a Zone or Buzzz OS. So things like Roc3/RocX3/EMac Truth, Glow Rocs, all of that fits in the straight to finish slot.

The Stabilizer actually flies somewhat what I want, but not quite. For some reason my Lucid-X Verdict is marked as delivered by USPS but I can't find it in my mailbox so might have to give them a call.

Looks like Discraft gave up on them. Not on their current flight chart. I think they were too difficult to mold in premium plastics?

Eh, they've been in premium plastic since 2008 so my guess is lack of sales. Shame, it's the one mold I've never taken out of my bag (though many have come back to me over time).

And they s-curved, so…

Huh? You mean overstable flex shot?

Eh, they've been in premium plastic since 2008 so my guess is lack of sales. Shame, it's the one mold I've never taken out of my bag (though many have come back to me over time).

Huh? You mean overstable flex shot?

My Z Presnell turned when thrown hard then faded back. Sold on the marketplace. Might have been an anomaly.

This is a really great mid that no one throws. Mine does not turn at all, goes straight, finishes in pushing fade. Thrown hard, it just goes straight longer, but no turn. Very safe disc. I didn't mention it in my first reply because it doesn't fade much. It's 'just' stable - in a very good way.

Mine are that sweet spot, I know I can throw them a little higher and they'll dump a little bit. My Explorer's are kind of beat in, so that could also explain it. I have 1 Fresh Explorer in the bag, but it's Gold-X, so somewhat beefy in terms of Explorer, not quite as much as Lucid X, but heck. It gets the job done and I can dye it without feeling remorse lol

Just wanted to update my findings on the Opto-X Verdict I got. Very pretty blue with green glimmer. Profile is surprisingly very similar to my buzzzes when I put them side by side. Not board flat, but very close to it-- has a very slight pyramid dome to it.

Flight wise, it's exactly what I was looking for. It has the same dependable high speed stability as my zone, fades as hard as my zone, but its extra speed and glide allows it to push forward an additional 20-30 feet beyond my zone. The fact that it very much feels like my buzzzes is an added bonus.

Durable Opto-X plastic is another bonus, as it should beat in very slowly.

Just wanted to update my findings on the Opto-X Verdict I got. Very pretty blue with green glimmer. Profile is surprisingly very similar to my buzzzes when I put them side by side. Not board flat, but very close to it-- has a very slight pyramid dome to it.

Flight wise, it's exactly what I was looking for. It has the same dependable high speed stability as my zone, fades as hard as my zone, but its extra speed and glide allows it to push forward an additional 20-30 feet beyond my zone. The fact that it very much feels like my buzzzes is an added bonus.

I knew you'd like it. :thmbup:

One day, slight headwind, I had a 275' ish 2nd shot (par4) to keep right OB out of play. Grabbed my trusty Clemons Lucid X Verdict. Trees early left, so shot had to be a little high, right over OB and fade back. Just like a Verdict. I hit my line. Verdict stood up, glided right and panned out OB. Last time I threw it.

So, yes, great disc, until that one day comes, :D

One day, slight headwind, I had a 275' ish 2nd shot (par4) to keep right OB out of play. Grabbed my trusty Clemons Lucid X Verdict. Trees early left, so shot had to be a little high, right over OB and fade back. Just like a Verdict. I hit my line. Verdict stood up, glided right and panned out OB. Last time I threw it.

Thats my experience with the Verdict as well, and why I dropped it from the bag

OAT monster probably got ya. My guess anyways.

Hopefully that day is a long ways ago. From my experience, Opto X is stupid durable-- a far cry from the opto and especially gold line plastics.

Lucid/opto/westside's version seems to lose its stability faster than other premium plastics. It sounds like you plan to use your Verdict in pretty specific scenarios though so I'd bet it will last you a good long while

I think some of the Opto-X plastics that have some glow infused in them might not be as durable as regular Opto-X, though I can't be as certain.

My friend's a long time trilogy thrower, and from his experience, his Opto-X discs never change, though he finds himself cycling through Opto and Goldline routinely-- and yeah, I'm not using this as a workhorse disc, so it should stay where it is for a long time.

Latest posts