• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

zealot

Double Eagle Member
This thread is dedicated to spouting off opinions about anything. It could be a disc, a course, a rule, whatever. This is the place to post the redundant stuff that you're sure that almost no one cares about. The only thing that I ask is that everyone chooses from Good, Bad, and Ugly for each rant they make. :D

I guess I'll start.

Ugly - I had two deuces slip through the chains today b/c of precipitation. BLECH

Bad - Ive fucked up some muscles in my neck/shoulder and my back during discgolfing/weight-training bad enough to make me take a week of from any sport-activities. :evil:

Good - The last two leage rounds I shot my personal best for those two courses.

Ugly - I had three three-putt bogeys during my last casual round :roll:

Ugly-The trail runners at my home course also sport the short shorts. 99% are dudes over 40. :cry:

Good-Scored my first ace at the local pitch and putt course. 230', Pro D Challenger, hyzer all the way.

Good- My buddy fished my X Buzz out fo the Colorado river today at Palisade

Amateur said:
Ugly-The trail runners at my home course also sport the short shorts. 99% are dudes over 40. :cry:

rofl! im glad u guys like my thread idea. it should help eliminate some of influx of 'already talked about this' threads. :)

GOOD - I'm playing in a Relay for Life disc-a-thon today. I only got a few sponsors but I already threw 40 holes and I'm on the way back. It's windy and Glock and I played really well. There's some ctp holes, which I've never done before, and I for sure won one. 250' hyzer to flat over some bushes with a star leopard, lovin' it up to the pin.

Good-Recently reopened home course where I found a disc of mine that a friend lost and had another returned that was lost at a completely different course

Bad-Shoulder is stiff

Ugly-Missed around 7 or 8 10' or less putts and about half of those were in tournament. I still placed fourth--good enough to win a ching pouch (big enough for a mini?) that doesn't zip--but I could have taken first. :arrow:

Good- Played my best round in a while this morning with a buddy of mine. I recently got him into disc golf.

Bad- My shoulder stills hurts like hell.

Ugly- I, despite playing my best round in a while, hit every damn tree. If there was a tree within 100ft of the tee pad I hit it.

Good: our course work is moving along in leaps and bounds! Late summer rounds here we come!

Good: I'm playing in the PA States this coming weekend
Bad: I haven't played a round in at least 2 months
Ugly: my putting, I expect

Ugly. threw a +11 yesterday during a tourney after throwing a +4 same layout

Bad: cracked my longest thumber disc (s hybrid)

Good: Today threw the hot round on a tougher course of -2 and took 3rd for my best PDGA finish (Advanced AM)

Good: Got the only birdie on my card (and I am pretty sure the whole AM pool) on a particularly difficult hole. . . then in the next round did it again.

the good- my 5 yr old son love fribee :D

The bad- my wife hates frisbee :cry:

The Ugly- the stink eye I got when I went to get a round in tonight :(

teh Good - Drove 25 miles to another town to do work on a course for 6 hours this morning.

teh Bad - The giant number I put up in the round after the workday.

teh Ugly - The bruise on my face from getting clobbered by a tree branch in the morning that popped up when I tried to move some logs that were wedged in the creek.

Ugly,
My favorite and most beat in Roc split the flight plate when it hit a parked riding mower at the course today. 18 monthes it took me to get that Roc just right. To add insult to injury I lost its back up ten minutes later. I searched for over an hour. Man what a day :cry:

Good - Threw well yesterday, even with some wind. Crushed one of my longest Firebird drives ever, into a headwind! Was putting my Z Wildcat out to 400 with a good rip.
Bad - Still inconsistent with my putting, and it's costing me strokes. My release point with my mids feels off.
Ugly - Stupid skin condition with my hands, my index finger rip point has broken open, and bleeds with any irritation. Had to superglue it shut, and it hurts like hell. Not going to be able to throw a drive until it heals.
Touched some kind of nettle fetching a disc, and now have an itchy rash on my left hand/wrist.[/b]

Good - Was able to throw hyzers with most of my discs into a 10 o'clock, ~10MPH wind; almost hit metal on a ~330' downhill hole with a mid; had some pretty huge drives with a 4 o'clock wind.

Bad - Griplocked more than I have in a long time; putting was spotty at best.

Ugly - Lost (not just threw and forgot to pickup, actually couldn't find) my beat Teebird on a hole with no schule and short grass. Must have looked for 15 minutes for that thing and it was nowhere in sight. I even saw where it went after I threw it.

Good - Got my new grip and slower run up working real well.

bad - still seem to be grip locking a lot with the new grip. When it doesn't work, it really doesn't work

Ugly - really hurt my knee a week ago and it is still killing me bad. Got my first tourney of the season next weekend and I hope I can be a little competitive.

Frank_Delicious said:
bad - still seem to be grip locking a lot with the new grip. When it doesn't work, it really doesn't work.

unsolicited advice said:
It might not be a problem with your grip. It could be timing or weight distribution. Be sure your weight is forward (over your plant foot), but not back (behind your heel) and that you're starting your pull after you plant, not at the same time as you plant.