• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Got in my very first glow round tonight using a couple LED bobber lights.

Better: Since I only had two lights and haven't been able to get my glow wizard from the guy I ordered it from yet I played a minimalist round using my Z XL, Opto Core and Soft Magnet (Used it because it was my brightest putter). Loved the minimalist aspect of the round.

Best: Tied for first in tags with the higher number so ended up taking second place and moving up the ladder. Nailed my last 30' putt for bird to get me the tie and also tie my PB for the course.

can't wait to get my glow wizard and head out for another night round. 8)

Good: Ace Race on local course today!

Bad: Daughter had soccer game at same time

Ugly: Daughter scored first HS goal, and I missed it because I was throwing plastic :( (won the Ace Race though, so it ain't all ugly :-D)

Bad: Had to fly out West yesterday for a 1 hour meeting.

Ugly: Only flight options left me out there for the entire day just for the 1 hour meeting.

Good: The meeting was near a nice 18 hole course, Langley Passive Park. I got in 18 before the meeting and 36 after it. My game was on yesterday and I had 3 pretty nice rounds of 57, 55 and 58. Hole 11 there is sweet hole that plays off of a cliff down to the basket. Distance is probably only a couple hundred feet but the elevation drop is easily 150-200' down through the trees. Super fun hole and I came inches to acing it with a funsie shot after my drive.

been a while...

Goodx2: Aced on first throw of a tourney last weekend at the WIldcat Springs Open and today along with a buddy won the advanced division in the Roctober Doubles.

Bad: Inconsistent play, I finished 1 under in the round I started with an ace and at that course double digits down is a real possibility, even in MA1

Ugly: The second day of last weekends tourney I shot 4 over on the previously mentioned easy course, which was a sub 900 rated round, it would have been the worst day ever if I wasn't taking home ace money and I shot 6 strokes better on a much harder course later in the day for a 980 round.

Good: While driving back from the job site today I looked out the window & saw baskets where there weren't last month... new course!

Okay: It's a new 9 hole course that got put in the ground 10 minutes from my house

Better: For a 9 hole, it's pretty decent. Two holes over 400, tight shots, and a decent variety. They did a great job with the land they had. One hole has been officially dubbed "The Beer Hole". It's set in a park where they have fireman's picnics & there's a keg suspended on a wire about 20' off the ground 380' (+/- 10') from the tee. New rule is hit the keg on your drive & everyone in your group owes you a sixer (still about another 50' to the basket from there).

pd

good: I have been practicing my flick again after becoming a backhand savant and it is getting back to where it was.

better: going to follow the USDGC lead card on sat.

Ugly: My dog knocked a bowl out of my hand this morning and it shattered. One of the shards ripped a pretty big hole in my big toe and I probably should've gotten stitches but went with a lot of butterfly bandages. I need it to heal quickly because I play my only PDGA next weekend.

Good: I have enough of a name at my local course that people I've never met have heard of me.

Bad: People have given my number out to random strangers.

Ugly: I have a friendly competitive round with a golfer that's new in town who's heard I'm competitive from more than one group he's played with. And thanks to 70+ hour work weeks for the past couple months I'm severely out of practice.

Good: Shot my best round ever at Taylor yesterday, 57. That's one better than my best there and two better than my best on a non all-shorts pin layout.

Bad: Missed two putts

Ugly: Followed it up with a hideous round today, a 67 where 6-7 of the strokes were from missing putts from 10-25 feet. Didn't make a single one from farther than about 8 feet.

Great: After doing a bunch of putting and driving practice, played another round and shot a 55. Go figure.

good: while slacking off at work, tossing a few behind the building last night I was throwing my fairway drivers so clean and consistent. 5 laser straight hyzerflipped jls in a row landing within 5 feet of each other. I pulled out the r-pro boss I have been messing with and crushed it 6 feet high and easily my longest throw on flat ground. It felt awesome

bad: while slacking off at work, tossing a few behind the building today I was either torquing everything over into a roller or skying it into a nose up stall.

awesome: while slacking off at work, tossing a few behind the building today, I found my long lost qjls in a bush. It was my first jls and I loved it until I lost it 6 months ago and had no idea where.

ugly: I work too much and haven't played a round in 3 weeks.

(for the record, its my part time second job and I have a lot of down time)

The good: I got to go to usdgc from thurs to sat.

The Better: I got to see every pro play including lead card where Locastro pulled out the upset.

The Even Better: I was one of the first 6 people in line for the spectator roc's

The Still I Can't Believe It Gets Better: I made $300 in one hour selling two of the discs I purchased

The This Is Getting Ridiculous: I Shot A 58 on Spectator Day!!!

(just kidding on the last one, it wasn't a 58, it was a 68).

No bad, No Ugly whatsoever... This was one of the coolest weekends of my DG life.

The good: Shot my best round in months(9 down at riverpark) and even hit chains on seven. My driving was solid, the weather was perfect and I was nailin puts like a deity.
The bad: Through one drive nose up making the par a little more difficult?
The ugly: I have no friends.

Ugly: Shot a +10 the first round of the C-Tier I played this weekend, worst tournament round I've shot possibly ever.

Not so ugly: Was tied for 2nd in the division.

Uglier: 5 shots out of the lead after the first round.

Ugliest: Shot a +4 the second round, but still not a good round.

Not so bad: Managed to hang onto second place.

victorb said:
Ugly: Shot a +10 the first round of the C-Tier I played this weekend, worst tournament round I've shot possibly ever.

Not so ugly: Was tied for 2nd in the division.

Uglier: 5 shots out of the lead after the first round.

Ugliest: Shot a +4 the second round, but still not a good round.

Not so bad: Managed to hang onto second place.

I wouldn't fret your performance too much. From the sounds of things, the same factors that led you to shoot an ugly round effected every one else as well.

Good: After playing for 6 years, I have finally picked up a roc(2 days ago) and started to learn how to throw it.
Better: Played a quick round at my local 9 holer yesterday with Roc's as my mainstay for mid's and shot a -6.
Best: I 3'ed the 693 foot hole with two roc shots and a 10 foot putt.
Bestest: Learning to throw the roc has made my drivers go further too. I am now focusing on a smooth hit and getting more rotation on the disc with the same speed I had before. Disc's are flying longer. Need some more time to work on this...but things are looking good.

Good - We've had some great weather this november for twilight/glow golf and i've been able to get in a lot of rounds lately.

Better - I've been getting my mid range/approach game dialed lately, using mids for more drives and touch approaches has been working well.

Best - Took 16 skins tonight. 8)

and Bad - I'm still a terrible putter. :?

ugly - On my way to Anderson park course in Chapel Hill, NC yesterday, I had a strong premonition about acing hole 1. It's a steady downhill slope, about 240, trees on both sides of the fairway. I think I could get a very straight flight on a downhill throw like that; all I have to do it throw it in the right direction... In my fantasy, I ace #1, then turn around and walk from the tee back to my car and drive away, leaving the disc in the basket. Then comes reality: I hit the hole # 1 sign, 15 feet from the tee.

bad - My drives didn't get much better after that. I'm hitting trees on the majority of my drives.

good - I made a few long shots, well beyond what I would call putting range, 50-100 feet

Good - It's only 3 months to spring

Bad - It's still 3 months to spring

Ugly - It's fucking cold, snow everywhere oh and it's still 3 months to spring.

The good: it's been a mild winter

The bad: have not played DG in 4 months

The ugly: my game in general is going to be scary when I play again.