• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

bad: didn't get signed up in time for a big tourny this weekend. one that i was really looking forward to. i've been distracted, i guess.

bad: my allergies are freakin aweful. i could only play 9 holes today before my eyes swelled up from scratching them so much

shit!

Good- Played in my first tournament today. I got 2nd in the intermediate division and won 27 dollars and also got a 10 dollar gift certificate for ctp. That and other money I already saved up in my bag made me able to get a new bag.

Bad-It was extremely windy all day and my score should have been a lot lower

Ugly-My putting. I missed at least 10 <12ft. putts in the 36 holes.

Good: took 1st in JR division in 1ts tourney of the year.
Bad: left my champ teebird on a hole so its gone now
ugly: the 5ft wide fairways, hardest course ive ever played.

Hit that practice field at least once a week. The course is not the place to learn, its the place to put to work what you have learned in practice. That is what I have learned.

That's what I was saying. Playing a casual round is a waste of my time if improving my game is my goal. I've got to replace those games with more field practice. It is no fun not being able to break par on the course where I play all the time.

I know the course and the lines available as good as anyone, but I can't hit the lines or get the D often enough to get more than like 3 birdies ever in one game.

Good: Got a Garmin GPS for wedding Anniv

Bad: Been sick for a week

Ugly: Haven't been able to play any DG for a week

I need to kick this cold, it goes away for a day and keeps comming back. I guess thats what I get for only getting sick about once every 3 years.

The good: Free drinks at the company spring party.

The bad: Free drinks into other contestants who fell too hard on a semi antique chair shattering it landing the seat on my calf knocking me down squeezing my calf against the ground with the thinnest part of the seat leaving a deep indentation on my calf. Twisting my ankle so bad that I can' walk or put almost any weight on it. Without weight on the leg I can't move my foot sideways or up and down without instant pain.

The ugly: There went my trip to Sweden and playing on the famed Järva course :-( No DG for me anywhere with this leg.

JR said:
The good: Free drinks at the company spring party.

The bad: Free drinks into other contestants who fell too hard on a semi antique chair shattering it landing the seat on my calf knocking me down squeezing my calf against the ground with the thinnest part of the seat leaving a deep indentation on my calf. Twisting my ankle so bad that I can' walk or put almost any weight on it. Without weight on the leg I can't move my foot sideways or up and down without instant pain.

The ugly: There went my trip to Sweden and playing on the famed Järva course :-( No DG for me anywhere with this leg.

Ankle injuries suck, man. I've sprained mine twice this year already, just starting to walk on it without any pain. Worst thing is that once they're sprained they're weak for life. Who knew my first sprain two years ago would come back to haunt me this much.

nice drive kid said:
Ankle injuries suck, man. I've sprained mine twice this year already, just starting to walk on it without any pain. Worst thing is that once they're sprained they're weak for life. Who knew my first sprain two years ago would come back to haunt me this much.

:shock: I've learned the hard way from other injuries to take things easy. I wasn't too down because my ankle bought my arm and back some desperately needed breathing space. Unluckily work next week will literally be back breaking :-( I'll be sure to start mega slow with adding usage to my ankle. I don't think my sprain was as serious as yours but I've had a milder before and it didn't bother me for a decade. Hope I dodged a bullet this time too. I've gained a lot of mobility some of it it comes at the expense of pain though. I consider myself lucky that I have minor swelling left and don't have pain unless I move my foot too much or put too much weight on it. I can walk slowly without problems now. No chance of DG for many days yet.

Does anyone know how many days it takes after a sprain for the muscles and joints to heal enough for mild playing on a level course with standing still throws?

I might as well try to refresh my stand still throwing technique trying to salvage as much good out of this mess as possible. I drive too well and am too accurate with slow approach steps in second throws so my stand still throws are few and far between and not as good as they used to be. Man I hope I can play catch up to Bradley Walker in non moving throws by perfecting wrist action.

Good: Took down AM1 in an event up here in New England this past weekend, in a sudden death one hole playoff. First win at any level. On to Pro Open soon.

Bad: Still missed 6-7 20' putts. Gotta smooth out the short puts. Made 5 40+ footers... (I heart you jump putt.)

Ugly: The circle 5 I took with 4 holes to play to fall back one stroke to the leader... only to park the second to last hole, Par the last hole to force a playoff, and win in sudden death. Woo Boy!

Good: Won a Sunday league this weekend. Granted, it's played with people much older than me, and most of them are pretty drunk, but I never played well in the 20 person groups before.

Better: Set my personal best of 43 at Rosedale. It's all short, but still 43 is getting it done.

Best: Some returned my flippy Roc I lost on Monday! Joy!

Good: Got to play a sweet new course in my old hometown of Mesquite, TX yesterday (home of the world famous Mesquite Championship Rodeo...and actually not very far from said rodeo). Managed to shoot just a few over regular 54 par, but I think my score was actually a few under "course par". Managed to rack up a few nice birdies, including a "fairway ace" from about 175'.

Also Good: picked up a copy of "Zen Golf" at Half Price Books over the weekend for $8.

Bad: managed to leave 2 discs behind on the course. Left one of my SOLSs at Fritz park on Saturday, and a suhweet black rancho Roc at Paschall (new course) yesterday. I didn't even realize I left them behind until I was long gone from the course.

Ugly: nothing much...the weather was beautiful all weekend, have a nice 3-day weekend coming up (which means MEGA disc golf), and a tourney next weekend. The next few weeks are looking awesome!

Good: My team and I won the Minnesota High School Disc Golf Championship yesterday. It was a great event and we beat out like 7 schools. We were all pumped.

Ok: I got second overall in the boys division out of about 30 guys. I finished 3 strokes behind this senior (I am a sophmore). I shot +4 at kaposia and +2 at Hyland Hills. I was still happy with my play though.

Ugly: Not a thing, the weather was great as was the whole day. League tomorrow, everythings good!

Shaolintrained said:
That Zen Golf book is a pretty good one. Does wonders for the mental game.

Great mental game=Great putting game

I read about 70 pages last night...so far there have been a lot of great ideas / things to keep in mind next time I'm on the course. It was also very encouraging to read certain things in his book that I've already incorporated into my game...it makes me think that I'm already headed in the right direction.

I'm planning on reading it all as quickly as possible to get a general feel for it, then go back and try to fully digest each section one at a time, incorporating as much as I can from each into my game before moving on to the next step / idea.

Good: Won the local league last night

Bad: Missed two par puts that chained out

Ugly: Some punks stole a custom dyed champion Eagle-X that was money & I loved. Nothing hurts worse than getting a dye I did stolen. FOR SHAME!!!

pd

Good: Picked up 2 10x EX's for 28.00 last night. Score. One is the CE/SE mix, the other feels like straight CE.

Good: Won the weekly random doubles with my dad last night.
Bad: Might have pulled a muscle under my ribs throwing a roller afterwards.
Ugly: I'm still missing critical 10-footers while I'm nailing 30s, 40s, and 60s.