• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

South of Houston, TX

Superbford

Birdie Member
My town of Alvin recently opened a new 18 hole, lighted course last Spring... just before everything really shut down.

I had played in the early 2000s with friends, very casually. Bought a small back from Lightning back then and a handful of discs.

Decided to give it a go again with the new course opening. Jack Brooks isn't that far away from me either and is very close to my work.

I'm right handed but I'm throwing LHBH on drives and midrange shots. I'm putting right handed if it is in the circle area.

I need a lot of work on technique. I've picked up few newer discs.. putters, midrange and fairway drivers. Not ready for any real high speed discs at this point.

I need to work on RHBH as I'm certainly stronger there, but have always been more comfortable with the footwork throwing LHBH... X step that way feels a bit more like throwing a baseball with a crow hop right handed.

I need to find a couple of the better locals to go over form with me. I'm strong enough to throw farther, but technique is so important.... I know smooth is strong.. kind of like the golf swing.. when you try to overpower it, things can go really wrong if the technique isn't there.

Anyway, good to be here. I'm a mod at a bigger guitar forum and I like this type of community. People sharing a passion for something overall.

Cheers and short putts everyone.

Bryan

Latest posts