• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Sparkle hurricanes this weekend?

gmason1

Par Member
I heard this weekend is the first stop on the steady ed tour and the first chance to pick up the sparkle hurricane. Alot of times they release these discs early so people can buy them. Anyone know where i can get one? I havent seen any pop up online yet, not even a picture? thanks

-Greg

you can see a pic
check the Hurricane thread in the equipment section on dgr
there is a yellow sparkle shown

thanks i had seen the pic floating around and didnt even relize it was the sparkle hurricane. It seems like theyve changed their sparkle blend after the 2008 worlds. has any else noticed that these sparkle discs no longer have any sparkle to them? Its just bits of plastic in there that dont even raditate or reflect any color anymore. it goes for all the sparkle stalkers, buzzes, and SP line DGA discs all post 2008.. The sparkle lines also used to be nice and gummy now alot of the molds feel like stiff Z plastic..

-G

From ziggy

182948_10150154290256153_514366152_8308596_1996895_n.jpg

any word on how they fly? The Pro Hurricane's have garnered some attention being like Pro Destroyers in premium plastic. What are these like?

Dgdave!! U sneaky! Maybe i shud charge u admission. =op

After a couple days in snow, mud and 40mph winds..

they are much more overstable than the first run and a touch more overstable and faster than the stock run.

Clear and yellow are the 2 choices so far.

Did anyone get ahold of one of these this weekend? Id like some feedback compared to the pro line first flight. thanks!

-G

I got a couple demo SP Hurricanes from DGA last week. Too cold and snowy here to throw yet. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

They were supposed to be in the players packs at the Otter Open this past weekend, but on Saturday they told us that the SP Hurricanes are still pending PDGA approval - they expect it to be approved, just hadn't happened as of Saturday.

Instead they gave us Limited Edition Cat-5 Hurricanes - DGA said there were only 1000 made.

So that's all I know, that as of Saturday the disc isn't approved yet and that's probably why you haven't seen them.

I don't see a problem with it, also what was most likely the reason is they probably can't stamp "PDGA Approved" unless it actually is and they didn't want to release two versions of the disc, one with and one without the "PDGA Approved" mark on it.

Makes sense to me...The Cat-5's are sweet looking anyway. Black w/Otter Open stamps on them :thmbup: I don't throw discs that fast, but overall the reaction was positive from what I witnessed.

The pro line first flights are just a tiny bit too understable for me.. Im hoping teh sp hurricanes are more overstable. Im assuming the Cat-5 are just like the First flight prolines? As far as I know its the same mold just black in color and a special stamp...

-G