• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spirit of the game.

Thug+DRB=bromance

I think he's an assclown and one of those disc golfers the rest of us have to apologize and make up for. And explain to other, less experienced players how NOT to do things.
But that's just one man's opinion.

And also a bunch of other people's opinions. Bunch.

I've never heard of the spirit of the game. I played sports through highschool. Basketball, and track, at the varsity level. I learned about good sportsmanship from a young age. That really started with tee-ball back in the 1st grade. I think the problems come from people who never played organized sports as a yute. I'm not saying that you need to have been involved in organized sports to not be a dick on the course, and maybe it makes no difference, but DG is accesible by almost everyone. A lot have zero experience in organized sports... I'm just rambling here, and have only ran into a couple jerkoffs at tourneys, and really none during league play. We have had a very well organized league and tourney scene around here for about 20 years though...

I think he's an assclown and one of those disc golfers the rest of us have to apologize and make up for. And explain to other, less experienced players how NOT to do things.
But that's just one man's opinion.

And also a bunch of other people's opinions. Bunch.

Hahahaha meanwhile, I bet you fully support the right to pound beers, cuss incessantly, litter, and clog up the flow of courses.

I've never heard of the spirit of the game. I played sports through highschool. Basketball, and track, at the varsity level. I learned about good sportsmanship from a young age. That really started with tee-ball back in the 1st grade. I think the problems come from people who never played organized sports as a yute. I'm not saying that you need to have been involved in organized sports to not be a dick on the course, and maybe it makes no difference, but DG is accesible by almost everyone. A lot have zero experience in organized sports... I'm just rambling here, and have only ran into a couple jerkoffs at tourneys, and really none during league play. We have had a very well organized league and tourney scene around here for about 20 years though...

Sportsmanship is something that most team sports emphasize. Every hockey game I ever played ended with both teams lining up at center ice to shake hands, regardless of how the game went down. Games are just that, games. Too many people are hyper-competitive and take things way too seriously. Many of these people never played a team sport.

Hahahaha meanwhile, I bet you fully support the right to pound beers, cuss incessantly, litter, and clog up the flow of courses.

I like beers. I pick up other people's trash. I play fast courteous smart golf. I never throw at or towards anyone, ever. I'll lend advice or a hand to anyone on the course. I hand out old DX to kids who express any interest. And I really like beers.

the spirit of the thread

Play with honor.

Play by the rules.

Even when you play by yourself.

You can tell a lot about person's integrity by playing a round of golf with them.

I like beers. I pick up other people's trash. I play fast courteous smart golf. I never throw at or towards anyone, ever. I'll lend advice or a hand to anyone on the course. I hand out old DX to kids who express any interest. And I really like beers.

Man, other than you being willing to yield to slower players/groups who snub their noses at the "let faster players/groups play through" rule, we are really not all that different. I also give baseline discs to people who show interest and pick up trash that I encounter. I bet that terrifies you. Also, alcohol decimates my game hahaha. I drink when I am done throwing.

And for the record, ultimate is awesome, even though it is a sport that rewards people for simply being tall, like basketball or volleyball. Just makes me work that much harder. The median height of the dudes I play with is about 6'3" rofl.

sad that some, start with a bad premise, and then feel they need to defend themselves every time the topic comes up. smh

Man, other than you being willing to yield to slower players/groups who snub their noses at the "let faster players/groups play through" rule, we are really not all that different. I also give baseline discs to people who show interest and pick up trash that I encounter. I bet that terrifies you. Also, alcohol decimates my game hahaha. I drink when I am done throwing.

Love is in the air...

Can we get a [serious] tag for some of these posts? I would love to be able to have real discussion without the trolls automatically taking over.

Agree. I'll give it a moment for you all to go to Reddit... get the troll out and come back ;)

*closed until 10:25... you got 10 minutes :p
**also, I'll ask that the public shaming attempts end... that conversation was had and ended... thx but no thx... you were heard. Now, stop kicking the horse... it is on the ground... dead...

Last edited:
and so re-opened :thmbup:

I hope Reddit was fun! Welcome back!

it's obvious there is lack of spirit in this thread, which is what i can say about disc golf too. some ppl get enjoyment out of saying stupid sh!t for their own entertainment, no matter if it pertains, is appropriate, or offensive. it's just what happens when you have ppl from all kinds of different backgrounds w/different belief systems. it's why i don't like to play in big groups/leagues/tourneys, cuz there usually is at least one annoying guy. ultimate is different for some reason, in that it takes a lot more teams/players before a person rubs me the wrong way. you see a lot more spirit in ulti, but I can't list a specific example.