• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Sponsor packages for women's tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I realize this is an odd request and a little unorthodox but I am willing to shelve my dignity in promotion of getting more women into disc golf. So with that I present to you my sponsorship options. Do you have an online business that you would like to attract ladies and their families to? Do you or your wife have a business that might appeal to women? This would be a great way to get the word out. If you sign up from this site I will be sure to pimp your site or services at the players meeting and awards ceremony because it is quite awesome that you would donate cash to a complete stranger that spends way too much time on the internet.

What can I get for $10?

You can get a custom Zing mini and a thanks in the program!

$25, tee sign sponsor (9 Available)- You will get a custom tee sign printed with your name, logo, website, heck, write up a personal ad, I don't care as long as it isn't offensive, and to cut you a break I will ask my wife who can make sailors blush. In addition to your cool sign (which I will send to you afterwards if you so desire) you will receive a custom Zing mini, a custom DX disc, a mention in the program, and a personal mention at the awards. Also all sponsors appear on the site sponsorship page and I will list on DGCR for all to see what a cool person you are.

Current sponsors:
1- Trenton Solomon
2- Team Gold Bond
3- Emily Van Vranken
4- Perkerson Park
5- Mini Distance Challenge
6- Lorelei Johnson
7- Team Gold Bond
10- CraigD
12- Support the women of disc golf
13- Tracy & Kari
14- Shoe
15- Happy Phamily
16- Perkerson Park
18- Shoptom.com

Available and short description:

3- One of the more open holes, slight dogleg right for blue and black tees, heavy kudzu on both sides makes you want to keep it on the fairway
4- The trailer hole, signature hole of the course
7- A long up-down gully followed by a moderately tree'd plateau, hard 3
8- A 90 degree dogleg after about 150' and the fairway about ends. Uphill, heavy woods. Par 4
9- Downhill, lots of trees, if you make it easy 2, if not easy 4
11- Uphill, has a mando from blue and black, walking path in play from black, OB to right
12- Short but with OB dry pond in front of basket ringed by trees, makes straight approach risky
14- long and flat, heavy woods but a couple lines
16- longest hole, very narrrow, a 4 makes you happy a 3 makes you want to hug people
17- clowns mouth from the red, basket is on a slight decline, easy roll aways

$50, pink sponsor (7 Available)- You get the honor of being on a sign at tourney central with your logo, name, saying etc (1/10 size of paper), a zing mini, a dx disc, your logo in the program, and again with the personal mention and listing on site and DGCR. You can tell your buddies that you are a Skulls and Razorblades sponsor if Pink is too girlie for you.

Current sponsor:
Primo Plastic
Team Gold Bond
Ching!

$75, purple sponsor (1 Available)- Your own sign at tourney central (full page print), your logo on the flier, program, and on the website, mention on DGCR, at the awards ceremony, and on my 750+ person facebook group. You also get the zing mini and a dx disc. (AKA Leather and Brimstone package for the manly type)

Current sponsors:
Choi Kwang Do, Beaver Ruin Road Location
MVP Disc Sports
Provino's Italian Restaurant
Scott Walker

Divisional title sponsors

Pro- Diana & Jordan Lane
Adv- Team Gold Bond
Int- Paragon Disc Golf Apparel
Rec- PGA Tour Superstore
Jr. & Dubs- Disc Caddie Golf

I'm sold! Where do I sign up?

If it's not for you, cool, no problem, we have an ignore button for a reason. :p

I keeed. I keeed.

For those that are bound to ask:

I have 1 INT, 5 REC, 1 pro signed up and 5 pros saying they will play, 3 ADV women and 2 Juniors. This is prior to any advertisement except online (and we know how many women love love the forums).

Hopefully we will get 5-6 signups from the clinic :thmbup:

$20 CFR discs coming soon!!

Last edited:
Oh and as an explanation as to why the hell I need so much money, the main player pack item is a bar of locally made soap and hand made scrubbies and a little bag to hold them. The crochet'd items are made by Courtney McCoy and a local vendor makes the soap. The retail of these would be close to $20.

Also I am paying full price for the park, on a normal male dominated event this would be easily taken care of for about $3 a player. In a women's tournament where you would be lucky to get 25-30 women I am looking at $6-9 a player...try to do that without begging for some change.

Since I don't feel like clicking on your link and to give this thread a bump:

Do you accept paypal?

Yeah totally, on both.

We could do a raffle or any number of things.

Also if you dye discs and want to donate a couple we will do the same.

Lastly, on the sponosr page that some people are too lazy to click is a random donate button where you can put in whatever amount if those above are too rich.

Donate $10 or more and you can get a zing mini too.

Wow Bill and/or Christy! You've made it all so easy for someone to help promote the sport!

I'll donate in the hopes that somehow my wife will take a liking to the sport instead of viewing it as her husbands perverse obsession.

Bill,

I would contact Kathy with Disc Diva. They do woman's only disc golf stuff here in Colorado. Their site says they like to do things close to here, but I bet for $25-$100 that they might be willing to help you out with something. Kathy and her husband Steve do tons to help promote ladies in Disc Golf and at the very least would love to hear what you are doing.

:) I don't know if that was sarcasm or not but thanks. :)
I know it came out weird but I meant it in the nice way. I don't know how to do anything right. :(

(I'll talk to my wife when I get home about sponsoring.)

Cam, thanks, I have written her but never got a response.

I don't know if they junk mail crap from out of state or what. Do you actually know her?

PS Good job selling out your tourney!

I know it came out that way but I meant it in the nice way. I don't know how to do anything right.

Haha I was just kidding, I get the same thing all the time...my wife thinks I am sweet when I am being a jerk and thinks I am a jerk when I am being sweet.

Cam, thanks, I have written her but never got a response.

I don't know if they junk mail crap from out of state or what. Do you actually know her?

PS Good job selling out your tourney!

Yeah I know her. She has been busy with some family stuff. I have a lot of stuff to do before now and Saturday to get ready for this tournament.

Camden out!

Put a good word in homey...if you have her as a friend on facebook suggest her to me and I will try to plea my case there.

Good luck!! My women's clinic is Saturday...I think I am ready, going to pick up the PGA Store gift cards tonight.

Trenton-

I am trying to do discs still...I still need to talk to Innova, if you didn't see my sob story I am basically stuck in a catch 22. I want to spend the money to get the discs but without the sponsorship to get the money for the discs I cant get them...Insert circular reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.