• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Classic Roc?

Everyone seems to like a different mold/plastic Classic Roc - some love the old DX Ontario, some love the newer DX, some love the Star, some OOP Champ, etc. I personally like the San Marino 2011 CFR run - it's a Champy-Star blend that breaks into a wonderfully controllable stable/overstable approach and short drive disc. I pair mine with a Prodigy PA4 and a Zone for an OS-Straight-US driving-putter/approach combo. That being said, the prices have gotten kind of out of control on all OOP Classic Rocs - no doubt Innova knows how to make a flattish CR in premium plastic - I don't want a huge pop-top dome.

There seems to be some confusion on star Classic rocs in this thread. There is only one run of star material ontario tooling classic rocs. They are all white, they are actually special blend, and they were molded in 2006. They were available in the CFR program, so all tourney stamps, until stock ran out. Innova retooled the classic roc with a san marino tooled core that has made the disc mold up consistently domey in comparison to the ontario core that almost always came out flat. You can still get good flights out of new run star ones but they feel very different due to the dome and they glide better than the flat ones.

If you are hooked on the flight of the flat star ontario ones, then I feel bad for you son because I haven't seen very many on the market and they are moving for around 35-45 new. If you like the flat ontario DX ones, Innova has been sold out of them for a while but they ran them for years so there should be stock on the secondary market if you look around.

DGV has some left for $50

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=850

Description:

Disc Golf Values is happy to have supported the 2013 Asia Open. We were lucky to have stamped what remained of the original 2005 run of Star material Classic Rocs. These are the original Ontario configuration. They are some of the first Star material discs molded. They are all white and have a random rainbow foil event stamp. All are 170g.
Price: $49.95

Tell a Friend

Thanks for the lead but I think if I were paying $50 for one, I'd look for a stamp dated closer to production so if I ever sell it, I don't have to sound like a snake oil salesman.

No really, they sat around unstamped for almost 10 years.

I carry one of these and use it for my short approach disc under 150 and I would pay that if I ever lost mine. Amazing disc and does what ever you tell it to.

I hear ya and love my DX for the same reason. Drops predictably where most putters have the potential to over shoot.

I guess I got a flatty as far as star San Marino's go so I'll probably give it a round or two before dropping any more do-ray-me on CR's.

I am in love with my dx cr, and I wish I had a few extra of them. I mostly throw rocs for mids, unless I am looking for more finesse or have a shot which requires more of a reverse fade. Mine will finish to the right (rhbh) if I don't hyzerflip it, but in a nice steady predictable way. I used to use a 12x aviar that it's nicely worn in for the same shot but I took it out for winter because of the color. I honestly was a little bit surprised to hear the CR referred to as over stable or even stable, maybe I just need to get a couple more of them to compare.

Side note, I would love to trade for any dx cr if anyone out there has one they are neglecting...