• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Valk in other brands

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I just lost my go to valk that I have had since I started and am looking to broaden my bag a little bit. Which disc in other brands is most simlilar in your opinion. I dont want flight chart references.

Nothing is truly a Valk...but an Avenger SS can be similar. As can a Surge SS.

Look for any beloved mid speed driver that half of the people rave about for distance and half of the people yell about calling it too flippy. That's the disc you're looking for ;)

\/\/

Nothing is truly a Valk...but an Avenger SS can be similar. As can a Surge SS.

Look for any beloved mid speed driver that half of the people rave about for distance and half of the people yell about calling it too flippy. That's the disc you're looking for ;)

\/\/

An Avenger SS is a lot more understable than a Star Valkyrie. A Surge SS is quite a bit faster, and maybe a little more stable.

The closest things Discraft has to offer to the Valkyrie:
1. Z Wildcat- This disc is pretty similiar to the Valk. Maybe a little less floaty or glidey, but still pretty much the same speed and stability.
2. X Avenger (not ESP or Z, which is a different mold, a lot more overstable). The X Avenger is a little faster than the valk, but is pretty much the same stabilty, and can be used for the same lines. They break in a little more flippy, but even after 2 years of constant use, my X Avengers still aren't thrashed to the point of not being usable. They still have fight left in them, or at least they won't turn over and die if I give them some juice. Great rollers too.

As for other brands:
Maybe the Vision from Lat64, but I've had some that are like Valks, and some that are so flippy, they are more like Avenger SS or flippier.

The Assassin can be a little like the Valk, but it's a pretty unique disc in and of it self. Not a fast disc, but glides all day long.

i dont like the avenger ss. i might try some of the other discraft ones though. i have a couple visions and they just dont seem to have the fade i am really looking for. my assassin is very glidey and somewhat similar now that i think about it. but not quite the same

An Avenger SS is a lot more understable than a Star Valkyrie.

Definitely true! I've been throwing a Valkyrie for about six months and I just picked up an Avenger SS about a week ago. Out of the box, the Avenger SS is a great turnover disc. It holds a great anny line. The Valk on the other hand has to get beaten in quite a bit before it holds an anny like the Avenger SS. Even then it still usually comes back with a very small fade.

The Discmania CD is supposed to be very similar. S Line is Innova Star plastic, maybe a little grippier.

I have an S line CD and I really like it. While similar to the Valk, I have found it to be much more like my Champion Viking but with more distance. I highly recommend the S line CD.

I'm completing a Innova -> Discraft swap, Valkyrie was my go to distance disc I've found it's been the hardest Innova Disc to try and replace in my bag.

However I've found that the Z Surge SS flies a lot like a faster Valk, although like someone else stated it is also just a tad more stable.

think about a lighter SOLS or SJLS? or a heavier Assassin or River??

a max weight Eclipse? might be a little slower than you are accustomed to, but I can speak to the stability of their Pro-D plastic and it is fun to chunk.

Perhaps consider a Spectra?

Why? Are you sponsored? That's the only reason I know to limit yourself to one brand.

Just prefer the Discraft plastic. I'm keeping my Teebirds and Wizards just going with a couple new drivers.

I just find Discraft is a lot more consistent for me as well.

disc mania cd in p line will be the most like a valk or VIKING but in s line its more like the Viking you should just try a Viking

Why hasn't anyone mentioned a Flash?? It is just a little faster then a Valkyrie, like a Beast. Beasts aren't that different from Valykries in my experience.