• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] star vs. champion poll

star vs champ

• star

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • champion

Votes: 89 54.9%

• Total voters
I love the feel of Star/ESP in the hand. I prefer Champ plastics for things I want to stay stable (my Banshee for example).

I prefer Star plastic, but certain situations I use Champion. I use Champion for shots that need to finish hard left because Champion tends to skip a lot more than Star plastic.

I like both for different reasons. I prefer star for my understable/flippy discs because they're easier to break in. For stable/straight flyers I prefer champ. Where's the both option in the poll?

Thanks for all your input. I do throw other discs besides Innova. I was just curios of people's preference between these two plastics. I've been debating which to throw since I don't like how fast star beats in on some discs. I didn't realize star had more glide. I think I'll go champ on the discs I want to keep their stability longer and star on the ones I want to beat in.

Ugh Champion plastic feels terrible in my hand. The only one I carry is a CFR Gator. I just can't try to throw full-speed with a slick disc like that.

I only keep champion plastic in a couple discs. Just really the ones I want to retain their stability; Firebird, Teebird, Z Buzzz, Hornet and Force. All the others are a star or pro plastic; FLX ESP Challenger, Star Aviar, ESP Meteor, ESP Buzzz, Echo Star Teebird, Pro Leopard, Star Roadrunner, Pro and Echo Star Destroyer. I like them both but prefer the way Star and Pro type plastic feels and doesn't hurt my hand in the winter time like Champion does.

yay champ

never thrown a star disc i liked. throw several champions.

still a fan of good ole DX.

Overall I prefer Star over Champ, and I like Echo Star better than regular Star. The only champ disc I have in the bag is a max weight Teebird that I want beefy. My Echo Star Teebirds are my workhorses and they get very glidey when seasoned. My Valkyries I prefer in Star because of the grip and the glide. All my other Drivers and Fairways are Latitude and I like Opto and Goldline which are both way better than any other companies plastics. There's a new run of Opto that is so gummy and good its ridiculous.

Latest posts