• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straps!

My Innova straps are holding up fine!!!! No rips!!!!! Well except after mexican food the day before!!!!

Years Playing: .7

Phenix will hold up over the long haul. You get what you pay for when it comes to straps, so might as well get the best.

I love my quads

I've had Phenix quads for a year, and the only change I've made is adding metal carabiners after I lost a plastic one (my doing, not the strap's). They've held up great and aren't showing any signs of wear. Supposedly V2 of the DGA-Gels fixed the durability issues, but until that is proven through trial, I'd stick with Phenix.

Although the Innova's used to suck, since Hero started making there bags and straps they have gotten much better. They arent quite as comfortable as Phenix but they are more durable. I had a pair of Phenix's and they were ripping within a week. Now Im not saying Dual Shocks arent good because my second pair have been exceptional.

Although the Innova's used to suck, since Hero started making there bags and straps they have gotten much better. They arent quite as comfortable as Phenix but they are more durable. I had a pair of Phenix's and they were ripping within a week. Now Im not saying Dual Shocks arent good because my second pair have been exceptional.

The bolded statement is completely false.

Did you talk to Kyle @ Phenix? He would have replaced them for you if they were "ripping within a week." Somehow I find that hard to believe too.

So has anyone really tried to compare the gel strapz and the quad shocks? I know everyone raves about the quads, but they claim to have fixed the gel strapz and if the DGA replaced the problem ones so fast then they at least stand behind their product. So if no one has really used them both for a good period of time could someone direct me towards a good review/comparison of them? I ask because my bag is getting to be bothersome with a single shoulder strap for how heavy it is now and am thinking of buying some straps. Also the gel strapz look epically padded.

Just got Brown Bag Company straps from MotoDJ's recommendation. They are not 'disc golf' branded and are intended for tool-belt suspenders, however they work perfectly for DG. They are very very close to DGA Gel straps. They are so close in resemblance that I'm suspect to DGA simply re-branding these straps and modifying the clips.

Amazon has them for $29.00 with free shipping. They are the best deal on straps out there.

41B76Tx8cgL._SS400_.jpg

Ya know.. the more i compare them, the more they are the exact same straps. below are the dga gels. There is no difference in construction other than the brand badge. The Brown Bag straps are at least $11.00 cheaper.

gel-strapz-diagram2-600.jpg

I've been switching my Quads out between my Crunch Box and my Tourney bag, but I just bookmarked the Brown Bag page so we can order them in a couple of weeks. Thanks guys!!! :hfive:

i got the fade weather guard straps they are awesome. my friend had the phoenix straps and he got the weather guards as well and he said they feel the same. those gel straps are not as good as they say they are. another friend of mine had those and had to return them twice because they kept falling apart.

Can you get those in the stores?

Online only. I suggest Amazon.

For what it's worth, the Brown Bags come with an integrated cellphone pocket on the left shoulder strap and a large carabiner clip on the right strap . I don't think the DGA's do. The cellphone pouch fits my non-smartphones great and is very elastic to accommodate different shapes. The Carabiner clip is great for a towel. Perfect placement to 'wipe while you walk'. The Brown Bags also have an added small D-ring where the all 4 straps converge (where the DGA logo is on the DGA's). I find this useful for hanging my bag on a peg/nail/hook when not on my back.

I tell you, the Dog clips on each strap, the strap length adjustments, the shoulder gel strap assembly including all "shock absorber" implementations are exactly the same on both brands.

I'm waiting for an email from DGA telling me to shut up, with some kind of hush agreement. The Brown Bags have more features for a smaller price tag.

i got the fade weather guard straps they are awesome. my friend had the phoenix straps and he got the weather guards as well and he said they feel the same. those gel straps are not as good as they say they are. another friend of mine had those and had to return them twice because they kept falling apart.

I have quad shocks. No complaints with them at all. My buddy recently got the fade weather gaurds the pull out rain gauard is nice he thought it would be kinda gimmicky but it really worked well playing in the rain. Pulls out cover the entire bag even underneath so the bottom of your bag stays dry as well.

i got the fade weather guard straps they are awesome. my friend had the phoenix straps and he got the weather guards as well and he said they feel the same.

+1 on the Fade Straps. I love mine. The Weatherguard thing is great.