• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

..........Ok for lack of Streamline news I'm going to throw out disc name ideas and waste everybody's time

Cargo: Streamline Backpack Bag
Hangar: Streamline Cart attachment to fit the Cargo bag ;)

Sector : US Putter
Pitch: Very OS low glide approach disc

Rudder: US Midrange
Propeller : Straight Midrange

Blade: OS speed 7 fairway - with SE Wesley Snipes stamp
Thrust: Stable speed 9 fairway

Throttle: Stable-US Distance Driver
Torque: OS Distance Driver
I think Discraft made a Torque once.

BTW, I'm digging the Stabilizer I picked up. It's a little deeper than the Envy but I'm getting used to it.

Is there a difference in flight between the Plasma Trace and Neutron and Proton?

Is there a difference in flight between the Plasma Trace and Neutron and Proton?

I have 1 Neutron and 1 Plasma. The neutron is flatter, Plasma had dome. Though overall flight was very similar. The plasma I would say will have more tendancy to hold a turnover longer, but both had stable finishes. I did not find the plasma 'flippy' by any means just in relation to the neutron I had it had a lil more turn. I am sure it will depend on the actual disc as I have seen a varying PLH and dome with all plastics - but based on the 2 I own and throw this is what I've noticed. :hfive:

Why not? I thought they would be a series.

I don't know. But I've never seen or heard of it, just the Neutron SPADES and Plasma HEARTS. a Full set would be cool though. The Trace is a good disc but I feel its kinda went under the radar as Drivers nowadays either need to be speed 13+ for people to care or a new fairway speed 7-9 - I feel like speed 10 and 11 discs are lost in the mix.

Which I kinda get. But yeah I don't think they'll run those....but....idk.

Yesterday I did something that I rarely do; I played without a Firebird.

I haven't done that since I tried to make an all Westside bag work a little over a year ago.

The Flare has fit my game so well that I had the confidence to throw it on all of those shots. Used it off the tee 6 times for 3 birdies.

I don't have one beat in enough to take the spot of my thrashed Star FB, but other than that I didn't miss them. With Firebirds that I like as hard to find as they are right now I may have found a new obsession...

I have been wondering something about the overmold vs Streamline durability. I haven't really played all that much since the Trace came out, got one summer on it but not enough to really know how it seasons compared to an MVP disc in the same plastic.

How are the Streamline premium plastics seasoning compared to the MVP? Do they have that geologic time frame also?... Also, how about the rim durability. The overmolds usually handle trees and such pretty well and even road rash isn't normally too bad but every once in awhile, I'll get a significant gouge or chip in them.

So does the overmold affect the long seasoning or is it just quality MVP plastic blends?

Last edited:
I have been wondering something about the overmold vs Streamline durability. I haven't really played all that much since the Trace came out, got one summer on it but not enough to really know how it seasons compared to an MVP disc in the same plastic.

How are the Streamline premium plastics seasoning compared to the MVP? Do they have that geologic time frame also?... Also, how about the rim durability. The overmolds usually handle trees and such pretty well and even road rash isn't normally too bad but every once in awhile, I'll get a significant gouge or chip in them.

So does the overmold affect the long seasoning or is it just quality MVP plastic blends?

I do believe it is the overmolds. The Trace I got in my players pack was very easy to cut off the flashing. In fact, I had to be very careful not slice into the actual disc section.

This is not the indestro MVP plastic of 2013.

I nailed the top of a dumpster at Bryant Lake and it sliced up the edge of a Flare pretty good. Don't know if a Motion rim would have held up much better though.

I'd post a pic, but I lost it in Las Vegas a couple months later.
It's very similar to the current ESP imo.

From my experience (so far) The single molds hold up really well - Streamline Neutron seems to be more 'solid' and the rims feel pretty dense/solid and don't really chip at all, just scrapes when you hit the bad stuff. Flight wise they do wear in a little but not more than any other disc and definitely less than a lot of other companies plastics. So to answer. They hold up well and hold stability for a pretty decent time.

I'm putting in my request for a control fairway in the speed 8-9 category. Preferably, with a 1.8-1.9 rim width (the sweet spot). Maybe a tweaked Drift. Thanks.

Found a runway for $9 at PIAS that has hardly been thrown, and I realize now that I have all three OS MVP family mids the Deflector, Pyro and Runway I am actually somewhat hoping to do a video for the first time in a while. I wonder how the three differ. They feel similar with some slight tweaks.

Setting up my nutsac travel bag for my next trip and it's got the Runway and Flare in it along with a Serpent and a Boa. I figure between those 4 I should have 90% of shots covered and have room for one souvenir disc if I find a good one.

I may wish I had a distance driver in Las Vegas, but the Flare and Boa are pretty long. Should set up well for Golden gate park as well.

For those who have thrown the Trace, how does the Proton compare to Neutron/Plasma? Right now I've got a * Wraith for headwind drives with a Plasma and beat-in Neutron for my other drivers. If Proton molds up more stable, I'd like to consolidate down to 1 mold

For those who have thrown the Trace, how does the Proton compare to Neutron/Plasma? Right now I've got a * Wraith for headwind drives with a Plasma and beat-in Neutron for my other drivers. If Proton molds up more stable, I'd like to consolidate down to 1 mold

Protons a little more stable but still doesn't have the hss of a beefy wraith

Really loved the Flare in Las Vegas, it has continued to impress and make every shot I can think of. For a disc that isn't super fast, it can go far at speed as well. #3 White at the NLV Disc golf park is about 480 and slightly downhill, with a finish to the right and I got into circle 2 with the Flare. Probably 450 or so drive, I don't think I could take it much over 400 flat Ground though.

Runway was also very good but a bit of a shorter midrange for me. Good lines and stability but no crazy glide, possibly the flat top cuts that down.