• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck at 300 ...need form feedback

SoupD

Par Member
I would love some feedback on my form! My lace and blizzard destroyer fly 50% 300-325, 40% 325-340, 10% 340+. My putters fly 200-225, mids 225-265.

I want to get to the next level, I just feel like I've been stuck here for awhile.

Hit me with it, if the baby us ugly, call it ugly!!!!

http://youtu.be/kSBR3mXJyhY

Its hard to tell from that video, and I'm no expert, but it looks to me like you're armstronging it. To break through you have to get your body mass more completely into the throw. There are some great videos of how to improve this, and I am working on it myself. Someone will prob throw up the links, or you could go to the Discraft website also.

Good luck, and I hope this has helped.

that was my first inclination but I wanted someone else to say it first.

For max D the arm should follow the body around. I think it has something to do with F=MA. Force equals MASS x acceleration.

yea you're not shifting your weight at all and you're just going through it all at one speed. you want to have late acceleration as you pull through.

try slowing everything down and doing some standstills where you can practice pushing your weight on your backfoot as you reachback and then accelerating through the hit as you shift your weight forward.

Eh, you are doing what most do wrong, throwing around instead of throwing through your body with good balance and posture. You are leaving the hips behind and throwing your upper body around. If you look at your finish, your shoulders are squashed past your knees and your rear end is sticking out. Everything should finish balanced and stacked between your feet.

Great,
so at slow spread I can see what you all mean i think.

1-'My arm is not pulling through, it's swinging around.
2- I'm leading with my upper body and my hips are behind, I need to accelerate and Lead more with the hips as I pull through not around???
3- practice from a standstill to get the lower body in it like Wil S does in the video