• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sula Open, DGPT Silver Series

Whilst Sula looks visually amazing, there is one helluva lot of fluke on that course. Baskets on rocky outcrops incredibly close to OB and the like. It's going to create that kind of scoring. 2 one round 5 the next for essentially the exact same throw.

I agree but the course for round 3 and 4 looks more like a normal course

Uh oh, more rules violation drama? Barsby just called Semerad on a foot fault on hole 8. Was not seconded. DGPT coverage did not replay it...yet

Uh oh, more rules violation drama? Barsby just called Semerad on a foot fault on hole 8. Was not seconded. DGPT coverage did not replay it...yet
Yeah they really need to show a replay if they are going to keep talking about it

I can actually agree with both the call by Barsby and the lack of seconds., since the teepad looks lumpy. That tee pad looks lopsided and uneven, kinda in keeping with the general theme of the two courses where many of the baskets looked crooked to me.

Pretty obvious.
It looked like his entire foot slipped off the front of the pad.
Difficult to call in real time for sure.
Those tee pads were a mess. Where's Flatpad when you need them!

the teepads look crappy but I sort of agree with the call. It's a fault and dialing back your footwork seems to be part of the game here. but then, I don't have any footwork so I'm biased.....

Semerad also hit his marker disc in the fairway of #17 I believe. His disc clearly moved during the live throw and during the replay. Wasn't mentioned at all and I don't have the tech ability to post it. Still a great performance from the kid and Barsby!

Both cases hinge on "at the time the disc is released". Tough to call live. Hitting the marker or disc during plant foot rotation is suggestive, yes, but not proof.

Pretty course for sure (talking about R3 & R4, as the first two was just mostly contrived buffing up of a 9-hole course) but not sure World #4... Color me biased but if you take away the awesome backdrop scenery and some of the nice builds and try to judge it on the fairway shapes alone... Nice, but not wowzers IMO.

Nice win for Barsby. But its Silver series. Doesnt that make it "not a proper DGPT" win?

Nice win for Barsby. But its Silver series. Doesnt that make it "not a proper DGPT" win?

It´s a win on the Pro tour and it feels like Barsby was VERY happy for a win, , ,i think it means much for a player that not have many DGPT wins . . . and as i said , it could have been a nice win for a mid-field FPO player that "needed a win"

I suppose it depends who you ask and how they define a "proper DGPT win."

I'm not going to diminish Barsby's victory. It's still a DGPT win.

But if you asked Paige, Paul, Ricky, or Eagle, how many "DGPT wins" they have...I'm pretty sure they'd only count Elite Series wins.

As you go further down the list of world rankings, I suspect some players might be inclined to include Silver Series wins. It's still a heck of an accomplishment.

He sure looks happy. :) . . .Pic from Innovas facebook

294254973_10162206933329745_5621950782966396573_n.jpg

294312061_10162206933324745_4155371387150472876_n.jpg

He sure looks happy. :) . . .Pic from Innovas facebook

294254973_10162206933329745_5621950782966396573_n.jpg

294312061_10162206933324745_4155371387150472876_n.jpg

US Customs is going to have a lot of questions when he has to take that trophy through airport security (if he actually got to keep the axe, that is)...

I've never seen an event where the winner so well matches the trophy. Dang, dude looks like a viking! The coat really goes too, nice of the weather to cooperate. :)

So many very odd holes and OB. Also, was every 3rd set of chains welded solid? Much sad spit outs.

-15 won a four round tournament.

So many very odd holes and OB. Also, was every 3rd set of chains welded solid? Much sad spit outs.

-15 won a four round tournament.

I know. I loved it. The tight layouts, the scenery, the weather - disc golf paradise. The Gates of Valhalla hole was awesome, however I'm not sure how you make a downhill triple mando, then stop the disc on slick wood chips with the OB at circle's edge behind the basket.

Barsby's battle axe was awesome. Anniken Steen's longsword was pretty cool too.

Last edited:
I know. I loved it. The tight layouts, the scenery, the weather - disc golf paradise. The Gates of Valhalla hole was awesome, however I'm not sure how you make a downhill triple mando, then stop the disc on slick wood chips with the OB at circle's edge behind the basket.

Barsby's battle axe was awesome. Anniken Steen's longsword was pretty cool too.

agreed. disc golf paradise for me.