• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Tantrum...throw one

Bump.

Any updates or comparisons someone can make? Been throwing an array of Cannons for a while now and though I love them, I've been itching for some MVP Axiom. MVP is cool but I just can't get away from the silly/ridiculous color combinations of Axiom...boring old black rims just don't do it for me. Last I checked there aren't glow [white rim] MVP distance drivers.

the Tantrum is ridiculous. I own 2 - They fly like 14/5/-2/3 and just crush, I threw it like at 85% and cleared a river that is at 500 FT. I DO NOT THROW THAT FAR!!! My usual Distance drives in open field are like 390-420 and that's a good drive. So to say I threw the Tantrum 500 is saying something. I have evidence in case anyone doesn't believe it was 500 (which why would you question it?)

Its wide rim as F but actually feels REALLY comfortable (same with the Teleport) I actually prefer the Teleport now since the Tantrum is domier and can sometimes get weird if you really get on it. But overall if you want max D and not worried about ceiling, trees, etc the Tele and Tantrum are really THE FURTHEST flying discs I have personally ever thrown.

I typically will use a Mayhem for max D on most courses (it goes really far) but on occasion when I play open courses or just really long ones I bag the Tantrum and Teleport -----FYI They are REALLY similar in stability but Teleport may not turn over AS much, somehow the Tantrum almost seems to fade more in the end, idk, they're close.

Tantrum

Tried one of these out a couple different times lately. Neutron plastic, 174g.

Super fast, wide-rimmed driver. The Tantrum gets where it's going in a hurry.

Interesting overall flight to this disc. Glide is average to somewhat below average. My Tantrum is pretty flat, and it doesn't stay in the air very well. The Tantrum turns a little on hard rips, and can actually be forced over if you really torque it anny. It'll fly flat for a while before dumping HARD. The Tantrum has a LOT of late fade. It's harsh, and sudden. I feel like that fade costs the disc some distance. I even threw the Tantrum OB left a couple times because it faded so much.

Top distance with the Tantrum was about 380'. Should have been a lot more. The Tantrum has a fairly decent looking flight, but the lack of glide and super dumpy fade knock probably 50' off the total distance. Head to head against an Excite the Tantrum was much shorter on every throw. Excite is a hair flippier, has way better glide, and a lot less late fade.

Final thoughts: The Tantrum is apparently made for someone with a cannon of an arm. It's a really stubborn flier that wants to fade soon and hard. It seems to sit between the Relativity and Teleport in terms of stability. The Tantrum has to be mashed on, or it won't turn at all.

Would I bag this disc? No. In the field and on the course I wasn't impressed with it at all. I like the speed, but distance is sorely lacking.

Tantrum: 14, 4, -1, 4. Unusual for a disc with any turn to fade this much, but the Tantrum does. This disc just stops flying and looks for the ground in a hurry. Even if you smash it on a steep anny it'll fight out of it quickly, stall, and crash hard. I still liked this disc better than the Teleport, but not much.