• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Tantrum...throw one

asc349

Double Eagle Member
I've been joking about naming a disc the Tantrum for years. No I can finally throw a Tantrum before I throw a tantrum.

Labeled as a bigger Defy. That's all I know for now.

Everyone should have some fun with this one.

I've been joking about naming a disc the Tantrum for years. No I can finally throw a Tantrum before I throw a tantrum.

Labeled as a bigger Defy. That's all I know for now.

Everyone should have some fun with this one.

Where did you see this?...

SO you just felt like torturing us all?...:p:D

Actually, it doesn't really affect me. Been wondering when we would hear something about the 24.5 axiom discs. Never threw one of the MVP versions so these are rather meh to me...

...and 7 discs in this class is rather overkill...

so is this going to be flippy like the rest of their "distance drivers" or is this going to actually be OS?

You flip a Defy?

yeah all their distance drivers are flippy ive seen others flip it too its not user error why doesnt destroyers flip but the defy does im confused i thought the gyro would help but nope

So tired of high speed releases. When are we going to see 16mm love for Axiom? What about a new putter or mid with colored rims?

Yea, I don't really understand the business model. Assuming they release 3 Axiom discs in the 24.5 class, that would make it 14 13+ speed discs(I cant imagine they will sell enough of all those discs to recoup expenses for the design and molds). Are there that many total from the other manufacturers combined? Its ridiculous and I know of at least one retailer who is pretty tired of trying to keep all of those discs in stock. Especially with all the horrible color combos he gets stuck with. That baby **** green color they use for the rim is just horrible...

If they don't have a buy back program, they need to start one before they lose business over it...

Last edited:
(I cant imagine they will sell enough of all those discs to recoup expenses for the design and molds).

They will, i'm sure, make enough off a couple of those discs to cover the cost of the rest. Its just weird to me that they went from hardly a lineup, to overkill in just a couple years... 22 speed 11ish+ discs is just crazy to me...

Yea, I don't really understand the business model. Assuming they release 3 Axiom discs in the 24.5 class, that would make it 14 13+ speed discs(I cant imagine they will sell enough of all those discs to recoup expenses for the design and molds). Are there that many total from the other manufacturers combined? Its ridiculous and I know of at least one retailer who is pretty tired of trying to keep all of those discs in stock. Especially with all the horrible color combos he gets stuck with. That baby **** green color they use for the rim is just horrible...

If they don't have a buy back program, they need to start one before they lose business over it...

I must agree with this assessment. :(

NOBODY has asked for more wide-rimmed distance drivers. Literally. Nobody. :wall:

EVERYBODY has been begging for an OS PnA/Slow Mid. For a couple years at this point. :doh:

Trilogy (esp Westside) has gotten really bad with this lately as well.

Listen up DG Manufacturers:

NOBODY WANTS MORE ****ING SPEED 13+ DISTANCE DRIVERS.

GET IT?!

We are NOT Lizotte or Eagle - your average DG'er has nowhere near that kind of arm strength. They are useless discs to the vast majority of golfers, and they aren't going to sell.

ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP.

I really, truly do not understand the obsession with these absurdly wide-rimmed discs that nobody can throw, and are utterly useless on 90% of disc golf courses and holes.

Meanwhile, anyone who throws MVP/Axiom has a giant 4-5 speed OS HOLE IN THEIR BAG - and we're all carrying a harp/zone/gator/mortar. :thmbdown:

I don't think it take a freaking business guru, to see where there is going to be a lot of sales, if they can ever get around to releasing the correct disc. I just... don't.. get it.