• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee pad preference-wider front or back?

Wider front-to-back
Wider back-to-front
and
Wider side-to-side

Like 8' wide and 14' long.

I hate tee pads. For some reason I have a knack to throw the shot that is not ever in line with the direction of a pad. Also hate to step up/down onto a pad.

Now, where did I put my princess hat...

Last edited:
I only care about length. Don't care how narrow or wide it may be, just NEEDS to be long enough for a full run up plus a step. Nothing worse that shortening your run up when you want to throw far, or if it's an elevated teepad the fear of falling off the front during/after your follow through.

I'll go with "rectangle", of sufficient size. 12' x 5' is my standard.

I don't generally see a point in tapered teepads. But if you must, it might depend on the type of hole. On a single-route hole, wider in the back allows players to alter their runup to their preference. On a dual-route hole, wider in front allows players to better line up with the route they choose.

Wider middle. Like a diamond shape

You wusses. #9 at Duncan Lake in Hattiesburg MS has a tee box with a board on the front end and the lake on the other side of it. I take all my noobs there, hoping to see a baptism. Lord knows they need it, what with all that Saturday night sinnin'.

Last edited: