• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird vs TL

Too many people in this thread are making two wrongful assumptions...

1. Their arm is representative of everybody's arm. Your mileage will always vary.
2. That all Teebirds of a respective weight and plastic fly the same. DX, Champ, or Star, doesn't matter. They are downright inconsistent from run to run.

Thats why I said its hard to find a good teebird. I think champ glo is the most consistent for TLs, its seems anyways. I throw echo teebirds and champ glo TLs. They both have their shots. If you throw a TL flat it carries a good anhyzer line.

Thats why I said its hard to find a good teebird. I think champ glo is the most consistent for TLs, its seems anyways. I throw echo teebirds and champ glo TLs. They both have their shots. If you throw a TL flat it carries a good anhyzer line.

Glow Champ is by far my favorite non CE plastic

and yes, TLs are made in champ through the CFR program as well as CFR glow champ

In high end plastics I don't doubt that TL's are straighter. However, a beat DX Teebird is much straigher (less turn, less fade, locks into flat really well) than any TL. TL's do hold slight tunover lines much better, though.

In high end plastics I don't doubt that TL's are straighter. However, a beat DX Teebird is much straigher (less turn, less fade, locks into flat really well) than any TL. TL's do hold slight tunover lines much better, though.

any DX Teebird I have had turns into a Roadrunner after hitting a couple trees

any DX Teebird I have had turns into a Roadrunner after hitting a couple trees
They don't respond to OAT well. If they get turned, they turn hard and stay that way. There are probably a few runs that are less durable and get flippy, too.

They're also really long when they get beat in, which takes a little while if it's a decent run. The good ones start off more overstable than Star or Champ Teebirds.

They don't respond to OAT well. If they get turned, they turn hard and stay that way. There are probably a few runs that are less durable and get flippy, too.

They're also really long when they get beat in, which takes a little while if it's a decent run. The good ones start off more overstable than Star or Champ Teebirds.

the last one I had would bomb on a huge hyzer flip S turn shot, but as many wooded courses as I play, DX plastic is not pratical. I use glow champ for Teebirds and TLs. They start out more overstable and are durable

I have been practicing my BH form with a 164 star TL. For me its starting straight up to about 100 feet then annys to about 280 and then fades back left another 20-30 feet slowly finishing just right of my intended target area. Is this the nature of this disc or is it a form flaw causing it that slight anny flight in the middle at that distance?

I have been practicing my BH form with a 164 star TL. For me its starting straight up to about 100 feet then annys to about 280 and then fades back left another 20-30 feet slowly finishing just right of my intended target area. Is this the nature of this disc or is it a form flaw causing it that slight anny flight in the middle at that distance?

Sounds like you are talking about for how long it is turning right, but how far off that direction is it going?

If it is a subtle right turn, it sounds about what I think that disc should be doing.

Get the T-Bird, it will eventually wear down and fly like a TL. In the mean time you get a very accurate, straight flying disc with a slow fade at the end. Less chance of flipping into the trees.

Just my .02

Sounds like you are talking about for how long it is turning right, but how far off that direction is it going?

If it is a subtle right turn, it sounds about what I think that disc should be doing.

I would say its turning 20-40 feet right depending on the throw and coming back half of it when it fades at the end