• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Test Material Fuse

Halcón

Free At Last
There's too much in the other threads about GL this, and Opto that.

How fliptastic is the Test Material Fuse?

I'm looking for a mid that's really flippy. Thinking about a DX Kite, or Stingray. Would the TM Fuse be silimar? I'd buy Discraft, or MVP, but they don't have any super flippy mids right out of the box. Well, maybe a Meteor...

Any suggestions?

I have one. Its super flippy and the plastic is junk. I hit a tree with one off the drive and bent the flightplate and it wont unbend.

Mine hit a tree first round and was a super flipper from then on. It did reshape for the most part and I use it now and again. It will never replace my Gold Line Fuse, though.

Is the plastic worse than Pro-D junk? If it was at least as durable as DX I'd give it a try.

I trust my GL but I play with someone that has hit plenty of trees with his test run and never had an issue. They seem to be a little flippy out of the box but beat in nicely over time to an anny machine

i've had one in the bag for about 4 months. its been very useful for me if i want a disc that can be thrown pretty lightly and hold a nice anny

I'm not sure where the video is, but I think it's on Disc Nation Facebook

ZAM and myself smash a TM Fuse into a sidewalk. It didn't chunk but did warp. I'd liken it to KC Pro plastic, but the disc itself was understable before we smashed it. Very durable for what it is - always understable. That disc still sits in the DN tester box at the store

IMO, it is more durable than DX. Mine just taco'd easily, but never chunked up like DX can do in really heavy hits. My TM1 River has had some huge tree hits and is scuffed, but not missing chunks.

I'm not sure where the video is, but I think it's on Disc Nation Facebook

ZAM and myself smash a TM Fuse into a sidewalk. It didn't chunk but did warp. I'd liken it to KC Pro plastic, but the disc itself was understable before we smashed it. Very durable for what it is - always understable. That disc still sits in the DN tester box at the store

Yup, I saw it there last Saturday.:D

Well, you guys just convinced me. I'll have to pick one of these up.

I just gave one its initiation today, and after one round, which included a tree to bike path bank shot, it has more scars than my Opto Diamond after 50 rounds. Great grippy plastic for a snowy winter day though. I like the feel of the plastic better than DX or Pro D.

the TM Fuses are from Test Material run 1. It reminds me of the current Pro-D run which is like waxy cheese. My TM Fuse beat in rather fast and is now quite flippy. It has a purpose if you know how to handle it.

I will add that I like the current EZE. it is also kinda waxy feeling but it wears off and is a bit more durable than TM1.

When it gets too flippy...and it will very soon....it will reshape very nicely. I reshape mine every now and again when it starts turning too much. Most of the time, I just use my GL's. Have an Opto in the bag for an upcoming glow round at the moment. Trying to get used to it with LED's. Its flight is identical to my GL's.

Latest posts