• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thanksgiving'13 HOD: Honey Bear Hollow Campgrounds in Peru, IN

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Day 3 of our Indy road trip brings us to:
Honey Bear Hollow Campgrounds in Peru, IN

Course Rating: 3.30, 15 reviews
Hole 11, 267 ft

After yesterdy, we shoulda gone to Rogers Lakewood and Lemon Lake. Next time, I'm driving... :p

26e18741.jpg

Basket to Tee:
32d24fe4.jpg

1774f5a8.jpg

Last edited:
Not only tight, but looks like it breaks right pretty early.
I think I'll try a the above with a Z Pred,

this is the first course built in Indiana. still has the original baskets.
I played the Fall series finale here a couple of weeks ago. i threw an Axis both times and hit an early tree. there is a strighter skinny line.

Great course with great history.

this is the first course built in Indiana. still has the original baskets.
I played the Fall series finale here a couple of weeks ago. i threw an Axis both times and hit an early tree. there is a strighter skinny line.

Great course with great history.
Thanks for providing some local perspective - now I don't feel so bad about the detour.

Thanks for providing some local perspective - now I don't feel so bad about the detour.
Peru is kinda the Disc golf mecca of Indiana. Honey Bear, Maconaquah, Mississinewa SP and Pieradise are 4 really good courses. Add the Boonies course north a bit form Peru, France park to the west in logansport, and Wabash and huntington to the east, one could have a nice little DG vacation.

It's hard to see from the photos here, but there is a low hard RHBH route. Usually take something a little too fast like a Teebird and skip/skid it about 3/4 down the fairway and hope to poke through the trees.

The RHFH route is definitely the better route, but you almost have to bring the dis backwards or stall it at the end. A decent sized dry creek is behind the basket and it is real easy to end up with a bad putt if you are just 10' long. The ground is also incredibly bare and very easy to skip or roll past the basket.

Latest posts