• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Looks like Ricky is one up and Nikko and Will are tied. w/ Ricky taking the only birdie on hole 4.

Paige jsut picked up another birdie to go back up by 9. Shis killing these par 4's. that girl can crush!

last I saw Nikko birdied 5. everyone else 3'd it.

Back to the commentary angle: When these broadcasts don't start until the afternoon, they should have plenty of time to do preproduction research in the morning. Track the players down, or talk to their sponsors. Even a little more information would go a long way.

Back to the commentary angle: When these broadcasts don't start until the afternoon, they should have plenty of time to do preproduction research in the morning. Track the players down, or talk to their sponsors. Even a little more information would go a long way.

Why not start a different thread for that crap.

That couldn't have worked out better. Girls are almost done and it is 6 p.m.on the east coast. Time for me to start my weekend. talk to U dudes tomorrow.

This is not meant to offend at all, but how is it "growing the sport" by using the only video media outlet available to not cover the best players in the world? We missed an entire day of crazy birdies and actual competition to watch someone winning by 10 strokes, and ob throws on every hole. Not suspenseful, or entertaining, at all. Unless I missed an earlier broadcast, but I thought I had been paying attention.

Last edited:
According to the PDGA's live scoring twitter dude, McBeth just parked hole 9 and tapped in for a deuce. That's a 509 foot hole with OB on both sides and a huge wall of trees to throw over. So sick.

the sad part is that the commentary and shots were better in that video than most of what we have now days. Yes the quality of picture isnt as good and the clothes are horrid but there are multiple camera angles, knowledgeable commentary without useless uncomprehendable nonsense spewing from their mouth. So basically take their concept and care from that video and pair it with our quality technology and wiz-bang the PDGA could actually launch into the mainstream tv segment.

climos always been a stylish dresser but i hear you bud. the thing is that video wasnt being streamed live to your i-tablet. audio to follow.

man i was all for being patient four years ago when they were stringing wires around the course but patience wears thin. in the meantime i know of bids that were passed over from quality companies who produce quality products on comparable scales for less than a tents difference just so thats covered.

idk ive got no personal stake except for selfish reasons. i just like watching golf.

climos always been a stylish dresser but i hear you bud. the thing is that video wasnt being streamed live to your i-tablet. audio to follow.

man i was all for being patient four years ago when they were stringing wires around the course but patience wears thin. in the meantime i know of bids that were passed over from quality companies who produce quality products on comparable scales for less than a tents difference just so thats covered.

idk ive got no personal stake except for selfish reasons. i just like watching golf.

epp and the love. dont forget the love.

to 1100 and beyond!

After 9:

574783_427963610631532_689490408_n.jpg

Commentary is insanely important to produce a good product.

I remember when Nate Doss was going to win in Santa Cruz and the commentator was AWFUL.

The set up should have been something like...

"The sport have disc golf has little doubt who the best player of all time is. With 12 world titles and 5 US Titles, Ken Climo has already acheived that status and left it only a race for second best of all time. Barry Schultz for a while was considered the 2nd best ever; afterall he is the only person to win back to back world titles and the only person to win multiple US titles not named Ken Climo. But today, that argument for Nate Doss get's a bit stronger. Today Nate Doss looks to something that no one else but Climo, not even Barry Schultz, has on their resume - a world champion for a third time in a career."

Instead we got "Welcome to Santa Cruz. This world championship final 9 starts in 5 minutes. Should be great!"

robert that was beautiful.

Latest posts