• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

i hate to say it but listening to crazy john brooks literally gets on my last nerve. He bables, constantly says things that make no sense at all, and makes WAY to many mistakes with names, hole numbers, stats etc. He can't be the best we have to offer...he just can't be.

Our sport needs someone from the outside to come in and be the voice. Guys like Crazy John / Greenwell are PERFECT color guys - guys who can add insight to throws, paths, rules, etc.

But until we find a true lead man, commentary will always be bad.

The only one worth anything is the guy Adam something that did Augusta and Wisconsin worlds DVD's - he was a college football in studio host for CBS College Sports and blew away anything our sport ever has had for commentary.

I'm sure Avery found the time while prepping to play to make fun of himself in a chat room.

While I would hope Avery could make fun of himself, from some of the comments "Avery" has made since, I'm pretty sure it isn't him.

Our sport needs someone from the outside to come in and be the voice. Guys like Crazy John / Greenwell are PERFECT color guys - guys who can add insight to throws, paths, rules, etc.

But until we find a true lead man, commentary will always be bad.

The only one worth anything is the guy Adam something that did Augusta and Wisconsin worlds DVD's - he was a college football in studio host for CBS College Sports and blew away anything our sport ever has had for commentary.
Yeah i aggree. Ideally it would be great for us to have one of our own that has some experience and knowledge but alas i guess that is asking a little too much right now.

Way easier said than done. I was crazy nervous on wednesday thinking I was going to throw my sidearm straight into the ground on camera.

When I've been on camera, I've always relaxed by saying to myself, "it's just disc golf, you've done this a million times". It helps.

we need bob costas

I would take Brent Musburger. Could you imagine?

"Well young disc golfers out there, if you have any sense you'll be chucking discs at a young age like Mr. Ullibarri and find yourself a Catrina Allen to shack up with"

Adam did a good job on those videos but realize it was because he was fed the info he needed for that commentary (I was one of several feeders.) It didn't come naturally. The problem with our commentary is not necessarily our commentators but not having enough content research in advance (which someone mentioned earlier) so you don't end up with lots of repetitive "nice putt, great shot" commentary. However, that costs time and money to do the research and prep sidebar video segments to fill in the gaps. Ball golf has cameras to cover multiple groups and players so they have almost no gaps to fill even though our game is faster. If we can only follow one group, then filling the dead time somehow is much more challenging.

Adam did a good job on those videos but realize it was because he was fed the info he needed for that commentary (I was one of several feeders.) It didn't come naturally. The problem with our commentary is not necessarily our commentators but not having enough content research in advance (which someone mentioned earlier) so you don't end up with lots of repetitive "nice putt, great shot" commentary. However, that costs time and money to do the research and prep sidebar video segments to fill in the gaps. Ball golf has cameras to cover multiple groups and players so they have almost no gaps to fill even though our game is faster. If we can only follow one group, then filling the dead time somehow is much more challenging.

Do they have web-capable computers in front of them during the broadcast? I would be willing to build an app to provide player info/data.

Not sure if they have external access computer monitors or just feeds from their video gear. Duesler contolling things from his home in PA might have to be the one to feed info. I've texted Greenwell some nuggets but he apparently doesn't check during the rounds.

man that shot from the dam, wow.. that's crazy good with a Roc.. also Brent Hambrick throwing down the big hug. Good stuff!

Chuck this has merit but even when the correct information is provided for them John still manages to mess up the delivery. He just looked at the leader board with Val at -2 and Paige at -11 and said that Paige had a 13 storke lead. I also watched Crazy John struggle through the awards ceremony at Worlds. my Girlfreind who is new to Disc Golf could not beleive how bad he was struggling with the mic.

Coming from an experienced TD i fully understand how hard it is to get up a speak off the cuff. i have done my fair share of babbling infront of a crowd. i know it is not an easy thing to do but we need to put a better foot forward then what we have here.

another gem right there. suming up todays events on the lead card his thoughts were that Paige has a comanding lead and Sarah Hokom in the hunt?????????? Val has the hottest round going cutting the lead to 7 or 8 and Sarah has fallen off and is 7 out of second and 15 out of the lead. that is just sooooo of base.

Latest posts