• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

he doesnt have the marbled eyes. He's been the best dog i've ever had. I adopted him from a friend who wasnt able to take care of him anymore. I had known him since she got him, so it was a easy choice to take him. Wish i would have had him from the start, could have fixed a few things that are beyond fixing now

They're so smart and headstrong, you really need to be on top of them from the start, for sure. I know I certainly made a lot of mistakes with Otis along the way, but he was a great dog. Very hearty breed too. He had very few health problems in his time.

I used a cloth type flyer with mine. He rarely missed. It was hard to have him at the course over it. He did make the paper though for his catching abilities.

They're so smart and headstrong, you really need to be on top of them from the start, for sure. I know I certainly made a lot of mistakes with Otis along the way, but he was a great dog. Very hearty breed too. He had very few health problems in his time.

I used a cloth type flyer with mine. He rarely missed. It was hard to have him at the course over it. He did make the paper though for his catching abilities.

great dogs and i'll agree with the headstrong part!!!!! Now that i've had him for a year, he's getting used to me being the boss and understands he listens to me. Very protective though! He likes innova champion plastic for fetch, it takes him longer to chew up and destroy, plus that means i dont have to use my discraft discs! :) When we play catch i use tennis balls, plus i can throw them in the lake and they float, so he can find them and bring them back. He has a bit of a left hip problem, so swimming is what i like to do with him when its warm. But Moo is a fantastic dog

great dogs and i'll agree with the headstrong part!!!!! Now that i've had him for a year, he's getting used to me being the boss and understands he listens to me. Very protective though! He likes innova champion plastic for fetch, it takes him longer to chew up and destroy, plus that means i dont have to use my discraft discs! :) When we play catch i use tennis balls, plus i can throw them in the lake and they float, so he can find them and bring them back. He has a bit of a left hip problem, so swimming is what i like to do with him when its warm. But Moo is a fantastic dog

I heard he's a fan of CE! Great taste for sure. I'd be happy to send you several (new!) champ discs of your choice for any CE disc if you'd like to increase your supply. ;)

I used to do the same in the summers here with Otis. Instead of two hours of fetch, the water would wear him out in one. He loved to swim anyways so it was win win for both of us! If Moo winds up being the same as Otis, be prepared to have him act like a puppy almost into the double digits. Hopefully his hip doesn't affect him too much. I started Otis on glucosamine around 7 and wish I'd started earlier. It made a huge difference on his activity (and recovery) levels almost immediately. Smokey will probably be started on it soon too.

I heard he's a fan of CE! Great taste for sure. I'd be happy to send you several (new!) champ discs of your choice for any CE disc if you'd like to increase your supply. ;)

I used to do the same in the summers here with Otis. Instead of two hours of fetch, the water would wear him out in one. He loved to swim anyways so it was win win for both of us! If Moo winds up being the same as Otis, be prepared to have him act like a puppy almost into the double digits. Hopefully his hip doesn't affect him too much. I started Otis on glucosamine around 7 and wish I'd started earlier. It made a huge difference on his activity (and recovery) levels almost immediately. Smokey will probably be started on it soon too.

he's been on glucosamine for a few years now, it has helped out a bunch!

That's great to hear. How old is he? Sorry for the 20 questions. I rarely hear the words Catahoula Leopard mentioned, and when I do, I get all sentimental about my boy.

Hey MJ! Sorry if this has been asked, but what do you think of Cryztal FLX plastic? Would you throw a Comet in it if Discraft got ambitious and put some out? If so, who do we need to bug to get those done?

That's great to hear. How old is he? Sorry for the 20 questions. I rarely hear the words Catahoula Leopard mentioned, and when I do, I get all sentimental about my boy.

he's a little over 7. Its all good on the questions, i dont know many people with 'houlas either

what would it take to get Schwebby on here doing a thread like this? that would be entertaining.

speaking of him, what's the most ridiculous thumber you've ever seen him throw?

All Schwebbie will tell you and is pretend you are doing a tennis serve. That's where his power and snap come from.

Meanwhile....MJ....I had a good win this weekend! ADV Women at CC. I beat a lot of players, mostly everyone but Elaine, she beat me by 18. As hard as I try, I can't find that many strokes to make up on that course.

My next tourney, Savannah Open. You ever played it? Any tips?

how beat up, it might have been one i lost at wallhalla

she is pretty beat.. dude plays walhalla ALL the time so i bet he found it there.. ill try and snag it back .. i saw it in his truck and noticed the number on top.. he hasnt been throwing it its just chillin

I beat a lot of players, mostly everyone but Elaine, she beat me by 18.

Elaine used to play MA1 here and smoke almost all of us, regularly. I learned a lot about course management from playing with her. Tell her we miss her!

my dog is a cathoula leopard dog. dont have any pics of him. He's a blue merle pattern, grey with black spots. You can look them up and see pics that look like him. He's about 70lbs

i've been playing ball golf off and since i was like 10, my dad used to take us to play like once i year, just so he remembered why he didnt like ball golf! :D
I played a bunch thru middle school and high school, then played only a few times a year for 10 years or so. Now i play a decent amount when i can

no i dont fly fish, i have never tried. It looks interesting though

i would definitely have more interest in a sig line of comets. I dont throw ringers, just putt with them, so a z ringer isnt much help to me

Interesting! Generally what distances do you putt from? Comets for anything more than say...75' out?

Yea...my pops also got me into golf as well. So howd you get into frolf?

And fwiw, give fly fishn a try. Sounds random but I think youd like it.

Give Moo my regards!

Interesting! Generally what distances do you putt from? Comets for anything more than say...75' out?

Yea...my pops also got me into golf as well. So howd you get into frolf?

And fwiw, give fly fishn a try. Sounds random but I think youd like it.

Give Moo my regards!

i start putting, unless some strange situation, around a 100 ft and in. Then i throw putters until about 275-300 and comets start coming into play around 275 ish.

i got into disc golf from a friend of mine i was in a band in and we were the only two who got out of work before 8, so during the summer we would sometimes play before band practice

Guys, can you please help?

Someone in this thread earlier posted up about a YouTube video of a Tournament with MJ, maybe Schwebby and some others playing on a tight course. I want to watch it, but cannot remember the name.

Can anyone help?

the first round is the one where schwebby and i tear it up!!!! Its broken into 3 holes at a time on you tube

Latest posts