• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

Innova has stock stamped metal flake discs out now but no Colt.

True. I would think that they'll come out with Champion Colts in the future (and hopefully Star Colts), it's only a matter of when. They might do it within the next couple of months... or wait until next season. Others here might can discuss how well Colts are selling; they seem to be moving briskly, but my evidence on that is merely anecdotal.

Yeah like the champ vipers the factory store put out? :gross:

I was excited being my old love for DX vipers...

^That's nothing new.

You brought up the *if* can be molded flatish.

DanJon proceeds to tell everyone that growing the sport means crap products are possible end result?

I just reaffirmed the worst part about buying innova discs blindly and when hoping for premium baseline molds. Off topic how? If innova makes champ or star colts and they come out domey like jiffy pop tops ill die of laughter for being so on topic.

My quote was for grottos pic which was referring to you mentioning vipers, which had nothing to do with domey or non-domey putters. I was agreeing with him.

If innova makes champ or star colts and they come out domey like jiffy pop tops ill die of laughter for being so on topic.

And if they work for me I'll still buy 'em.

But I understand your point. IMHO if the Colt comes out really domey in Champ or Star, maybe I hold off buying one until data on their performance comes in. But I do want to have that choice, because it will mean the Colt has come out in Champ and/or Star plastic.

I like most discs with a little dome. Some people like really flat discs some like really domey discs.
Most people like having choices.

True enough. For me, the flatness/domey-ness is preferred depending on the usage of the disc. I want my Roc3s to be FAF. I like my TL's domey-ness. I wish my Star Valkryies had more dome than they do (one of them is literally FAF, and boiling water treatments did not work to solve/change that).

Those companies don't run 1,000's of discs at a time.

Everyone wants to grow the sport but they don't realize what increased productivity means.

Laughable. Discs are made one at a time at Innova, gateway, prodigy, you name it.
Prodigy and gateway make plenty of discs to see variations in dome. Innova chooses to make these discs with a dome.

Laughable. Discs are made one at a time at Innova, gateway, prodigy, you name it.
Prodigy and gateway make plenty of discs to see variations in dome. Innova chooses to make these discs with a dome.

Ok cool.

Innova still pumps out more discs than Gateway and Prodigy combined.

A bad syndrome of "state the obvious" today, huh?

No my point was that Innova's production is on a much higher level than any other company. That unfortunately means less quality control. You can see the same with other growing companies, their consistency can suffer due to increased production.

No one company has a perfect track record. Contrary to what some may tell you on this forum.

BTW I bought a Colt today and it hits 300' pretty easily. I have a difficult time replacing old faithfuls in my bag but this might just be the ticket.

You brought up the *if* can be molded flatish.

DanJon proceeds to tell everyone that growing the sport means crap products are possible end result?

I just reaffirmed the worst part about buying innova discs blindly and when hoping for premium baseline molds. Off topic how? If innova makes champ or star colts and they come out domey like jiffy pop tops ill die of laughter for being so on topic.

I'll take easy odds on that. Innova can't seem to make mids and putters w/o dome in anything but baseline. Champ Aviars are about 3" thick...hideous. And the last Champ Panther I saw loose from a starter pack was so mega dome it looked like the lid for a crock pot.