• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

Birdie Beads:
beads-1.jpg
[/QUO

Open season to throw anything and everything in somebody's bag if he has that hanging out. You need a tee shirt that says "I not good at addishon"...

You need a tee shirt that says "I not good at qwoteing"...

anyone have any issues with plastidip coating on the bottom of their bags? I want to do this once I get a new bag next week i just hate to screw up a brand new expensive bag.

Gotta be honest, i have no idea what the birdie beads are for...

all I could ever guess was good luck charms?

Well, you have one strand for birdies, one for bogeys. If you birdie, slide one down on the birdie string. Bogey, slide one down on the bogey string. By the end of your round, you count how many are down on each one. For example: Birdie string: 5 down, bogey: 7 down = +2 for the round. Just an easy way of keeping track of your score.

anyone have any issues with plastidip coating on the bottom of their bags? I want to do this once I get a new bag next week i just hate to screw up a brand new expensive bag.

I used a can of plasti-dip on my new innova comp bag last week. With that one can i was able to do 4 coats. I haven't really used in the rain or in wet conditions but i think the value is wear protection.

I can't offer too much on top of what the earlier posts have said. I used masking tape to make as smooth of an edge as i could. If your really want a smooth edge use a box cutter to cut the plastic when removing the tape. After its dry removing the tape can cause the plastic to rip. My advice is to not skimp on the tape - get the good masking tape.

I would've like to have a coupke more coats but its not worth the $8 for an additional can.

Well, you have one strand for birdies, one for bogeys. If you birdie, slide one down on the birdie string. Bogey, slide one down on the bogey string. By the end of your round, you count how many are down on each one. For example: Birdie string: 5 down, bogey: 7 down = +2 for the round. Just an easy way of keeping track of your score.

isnt that why we have score cards? birdie beads=LAME AND PRETTY GAY

How long did you let it dry in between coats? Did you put the coats on thin or thick?

Thanks

How long did you let it dry in between coats? Did you put the coats on thin or thick?

Thanks

I used the paint on type and it dried a lot quicker than I thought. I gave it 1 hour between coats but probably could have cut it to 1/2 hour.

If you use the paint style, wrap your brush in saran wrap between coats so the Plasti-Dip doesn't dry to the brush. I didn't and my foam brush was pretty stiff by the last (3rd) coat.

Thickness of coat is hard to describe. Pretty much like painting a wall. If it's pooling, dripping, or running you're using too much.

Just got a can of the spray Plasti dip (Was all my local Ace had)--Gotta say I think it will be pretty cool. It can't hurt, and I'm willing to try it to keep my bag from wearing out.

those birdie beads are pretty cool..

I tend to forget what I'm at a lot of times, and using a scorecard just isn't something I want to do every time I go out.

I'm thinking about birdie beads. They are much more convenient than a scorecard on the casual rounds or the rounds with friends who don't keep score. I need to get a new set since I have two of the same colors and were for ball golf. Not that it matters, they're just gigantic.

i am the FARTHEST from a hippie. i listen to brutal death metal...however, i do whore out my artistic talents for cash to support my disc buying habits :|

hahaha

I'll get creative soon and get a clip on there somehow and make sure I can attach them to the outside of my bag, just need to not be lazy.

This thread has me thinking about using Plastidip on my bag. Seems like it'd be well worth it, as I don't carry a seat with me and always put my bag on the ground. Making sure the fabric is quite clean makes sense, as you don't want dirt and debris to affect the way the coating adheres to the fabric in spots.

Latest posts