• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

Curious if anyone has ideas for extending the straps on a Grip G-Series bag?

My issue is that the strap is too short, and does not work well on the opposite shoulder, carried like a courier bag. (which was my intention)

I've tried small bungees, small rope, lanyards. None really have the function and look needed.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Has anyone added an internal frame to their Trooper? What design did you use, and are you happy with the results?

Curious if anyone has ideas for extending the straps on a Grip G-Series bag?

My issue is that the strap is too short, and does not work well on the opposite shoulder, carried like a courier bag. (which was my intention)

I've tried small bungees, small rope, lanyards. None really have the function and look needed.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Velcro cinch strap as an strap extender.

Has anyone added an internal frame to their Trooper? What design did you use, and are you happy with the results?

I used a pretty sturdy cardboard box that cut down to fit snugly in the bottom of the bag. It worked great to keep the bag from tipping over. It's not the best option in winter/wet months. I was looking at making a small frame out of thin MDF....but I ended up getting a new bag before I started that project. I reckon you could make a cardboard version as a jig for a neat wooden version. Should be really easy to knock out in an hour.

I used a pretty sturdy cardboard box that cut down to fit snugly in the bottom of the bag. It worked great to keep the bag from tipping over. It's not the best option in winter/wet months. I was looking at making a small frame out of thin MDF....but I ended up getting a new bag before I started that project. I reckon you could make a cardboard version as a jig for a neat wooden version. Should be really easy to knock out in an hour.

I find the corrugated plastic used for most yard signs is a great mix of weight and integrity (and water/mud proof). Pretty easy to pick up an old yard sign and do a little origami to fit most cheap bags.

Anyone else jump on these. I love it.

Attachments

• 20231102_001043.jpg
    20231102_001043.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Never modded a bag before. I've been doing mostly glow rounds after work (sun goes down at 4 here these days). I have been getting sick of charging discs with a freezing cold uv flashlight so I installed a "glow toaster" in my bag.

I took a 6 foot strip of uv led lights with adhesive backing and a USB fitting and lined the centre pocket of my spare disc golf bag with them. I can chuck a few discs in and they are reasonably charged. If I throw one disc in, it is fully charged after about 10 seconds.
The led light strip cost about 15$ on Amazon and a rechargeable battery pack was $20.
Loving this bag for glow rounds.

Never modded a bag before. I've been doing mostly glow rounds after work (sun goes down at 4 here these days). I have been getting sick of charging discs with a freezing cold uv flashlight so I installed a "glow toaster" in my bag.

I took a 6 foot strip of uv led lights with adhesive backing and a USB fitting and lined the centre pocket of my spare disc golf bag with them. I can chuck a few discs in and they are reasonably charged. If I throw one disc in, it is fully charged after about 10 seconds.
The led light strip cost about 15$ on Amazon and a rechargeable battery pack was $20.
Loving this bag for glow rounds.
I am on the second year of a similar bag I built out of a free to me mini axiom backpack. I used scrap aluminum signs and reflective hvac tape and built a box to mount the lights as they tend to be fragile to being bent back and forth. Then a PVC and corrugated plastic frame for the discs to sit on. Works great. At dark courses I have to avoid having MVP/Kasta/LSD on the ends before I throw them because they get distractingly bright.

This is the the quick and dirty glow bag I made for 2016 GBO. Used 12v led strip and 12v drill battery to run them.

Edit - The thing that really ties it all together are the binder clips holding the leds on the bag!

DSC_0097.JPGPhoto_20160428_215406.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts