• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

I won't ever trade or sell it so what is the best permanent solution?

Iron-on patches don't work too well with bag material. Plus it's hard to get the bag folded down to a solid platform for a good ironing surface. Some people have had success, but it is not an easy thing. I used liquid stitch in the center of the patch and thread stitched the corners/edges. Never had any peeling or worries about my patches.

Sew them on, for the most permanent solution. It's a useful life skill, even for a dude. If you can't do it, you probably know someone who can and will do it for a couple of bucks per patch. A dry cleaner/tailor would probably do it for ~$5/patch.

These bags see a lot of sunshine and nearly all colors will eventually fade in sunlight. If you have a patch you intend to cut off and keep when you sell your bag, keep in mind that the patch will fade instead of the bag. If/when you do finally remove those patches, you'll probably have little darker spots where the patches were. Don't worry, most people who are looking buy a used bag won't care that much and if they do, they can put their own patches on it.

So how has all that plastic spray held up over time? Any particular brands last longer than others? And how comfortable is the plastic spray coating on your skin if you were to play shirtless in the heat?

Thong-tha thong thong thong.

Bump for my Nutsac thong.

I used about 22 inches of the mile of strap that was included with my 'Sac and 5 snap buttons to create myself an optional putter pouch.

sac4-1.jpg

sac1-1.jpg

8 discs? No problem! Superclass discs? Don't mind if I do!

Bump for my Nutsac thong.

I used about 22 inches of the mile of strap that was included with my 'Sac and 5 snap buttons to create myself an optional putter pouch.

8 discs? No problem! Superclass discs? Don't mind if I do!

Pretty cool :thmbup:, but you should use a banana-hammock (or a bikini) to spice things up a little! lol

tom-jones-and-his-banana-hammock.jpg

I know this may sound strange but dental floss works awesome for sewing on patches. Learned it from a gutter punk in NOLA. super strong stitches.

I know this may sound strange but dental floss works awesome for sewing on patches. Learned it from a gutter punk in NOLA. super strong stitches.

Cool tip. :thmbup:

Continuing the punk theme, I got tired of having no way to hang bag tags and similar stuff off of my Phenix Core so I got some big safety pins and voila!

Anybody ever tried that Flex Seal stuff on a bag or is plasti dip pretty much the same thing?

With the Plastidip...
It dries pretty quick. If I were to do it again I'd thin it out a bit with some naptha or xylene, especially for the first coat. It would give you more time and soak into the fabric a bit better. I did 4-5 coats with a sponge brush. Also, use it outside. I tried doing it in my bathtub with the fan on and the windows open, yet I still got a massive headache and felt funny. The results were great though.
My Fade Crunch used half a can. You need to use it all up within a week or so of opening. It will dry out even with the lid on.

Latest posts