• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

JAKE master

Double Eagle Member
169 biofuzion.
im a 380 avg with a flow and have gone 400 on a few occasions.
ive thrown the escape 4 times so far.
1, 430ft flat ground. pin deep hole 6 w. thompson ct.
2, 460ft down hill. overshot hole 8
3, 400ish, flat ground, farthest ive ever thrown on hole 15
4, tough to guess. its up hill, i usually fight to get just past a wall of trees. i punched 60ft beyond the trees where i usually hit with flow.

this is by far the slowest disc ive hit 400 with. so far so good. :thmbup:

Great disc and very easily controlled, a little flippy for me in lucid first run... I avg about 360 and honestly I haven't got the same reaction from it as you have, I'm still hitting about the same distance but its winter here in Canada and its hard to judge what will happen when the warm air comes

I liked the escape quite a bit, but the Volt just fits my hand better for whatever reason. But I agree that the escape is very long for its speed.

i picked this up after chucking a viking further than my pd. i threw it kind of effortless cuz i was worried i might turn and burn it, and although i went ob, i crushed it.
i knew the saint, escape and volt were all going to be similar discs. my bud throws the volt with great success, but in my hand it didnt feel great. plastic i think more than rim. what sold me was biofuzion. i loved the feel of my buddys trespass, so it was a no brainer.

I throw a Saint, Escape, and the Volt. I mostly toggle back and forth between the Saint and Escape. I've noticed that the Escape is a domey-ish Saint and a little bit more stable.

yesterday was pretty windy, and i can say it didnt fair the wind incredibly well. next step lucid plastic, max weight.

Well during my dynamic escape my hat fell off as I was sliding under a falling rock door, luckily I reached my hand back under and snatched it before the door completely shut.

It's a great disc, I've just got it covered by others right now.

(I've got a 168 in sale thread)

This is exactly the issue I have. I REALLY like it for what it does. But I have a set of P and C PDs that cover most of the same shots. The Escapes go further, but don't offer me all of the lines my PDs do (due principally to the wear stages I carry, not lack of versatility from the disc).

The escape has quickly become my goto driver since I still don't have the power for any high speed stuff. I have 2 in my bag, one lucid, one fuzion, and I must say they are really money for me right now. I put them out the with a slight touch of hyzer and they will follow the exact line I intended. The Lucid plastic definitely is my favorite though.

If you haven't tried one yet, you should!

Took my Escapes out for trial #2 today. I was hoping they would be more stable than my Opto Saints, but they didn't seem to be. 175g Lucid Escape couldn't handle 10mph winds, it turned all the way over from some decent hyzer/clean release. I tried again on a water hole in calmer wind, but a breeze further down the fairway kept it turning all the way over into the center of a pond. I expected to hyzer flip them, maybe some movement to the right, but the lack of fade was surprising to me.

If you want a free Escape, check the pond on hole 12, Victory Park, Albion, MI. :D

I'm very surprised about people saying the escape is flippy. I absolutely love them. About a -0.5 has, and a 2 lss. The escape for me really is a longer Eagle X. I throw a saint as my just straight shot and they pair well together.

I have a 169 gram escape in Lucid that seems to fall between my S and PPD's Has a very slight turn with a reliable fade. I really enjoy throwing it, and it seems like a disc i can count on.

My main lineup is Saint --> Escape --> PD. It fits perfectly between those two. Easy distance and predictable.

Took my Escapes out for trial #2 today. I was hoping they would be more stable than my Opto Saints, but they didn't seem to be. 175g Lucid Escape couldn't handle 10mph winds, it turned all the way over from some decent hyzer/clean release. I tried again on a water hole in calmer wind, but a breeze further down the fairway kept it turning all the way over into the center of a pond. I expected to hyzer flip them, maybe some movement to the right, but the lack of fade was surprising to me.

If you want a free Escape, check the pond on hole 12, Victory Park, Albion, MI. :D
i do agree slightly with you. while neither my bio or lucid will fight or hold in headwind, the bio is certainly more stable. -.5, 1 for me while the fuzion is more -.5, 0. i felt the saint and escape were pretty similar discs though.

I have a 169 gram escape in Lucid that seems to fall between my S and PPD's Has a very slight turn with a reliable fade. I really enjoy throwing it, and it seems like a disc i can count on.

My main lineup is Saint --> Escape --> PD. It fits perfectly between those two. Easy distance and predictable.

my experience as well, really pair well with a SPD as the headwind disc, escape for the tail.

i keep saying this but it's really relevant in that this really is the easiest disc i regularly put over 400.

Not sure if this applies here but I throw DX Teebirds but I am looking for something more durable. In my past exp. once I upgrade to star it's way more OS than i want and it would take forever to beat in. I guess I'm just looking for a disc to fly like a DX teebird in more durable plastic. Thought the escape might be close ? Thoughts?

You guys are getting me really excited to buy some of these. I've been looking for a fairway between my rivers and PD's. I'm probably going to order some of these very soon.

How does it compare to a P-PD or a Saint?

Latest posts