• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The DGCR Mold: Voting 1- disc type

What type of disc for the DGRC mold

• Putter

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • Lid

Votes: 97 51.1%
  • Mid

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Fairway

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • Distance Driver

Votes: 11 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
was there supposed to be a poll attached, vote in the thread you linked, or are we supposed to write our votes in this thread?
I'm confused...

I voted lid. If I had a second vote I would have gone for putter.

TurnBurn suggested this in the original thread and the idea is my #2 choice for this disc:
TurnBurn said:
I'd like to see a decent driving putter mold (take you pick) with a "MAXIMUM DISTANCE PUTTER*" stamp on it, just to show and legitimize to people that they don't need a Boss on a 220' hole...

I really got into the Innova Stud because it was advertised as a shorter, slower Roc. This sounds fabulous on paper. In practice it doesn't quite hold up. There is not enough HSS for the Stud to carry the Roc comparison. The Stud is *okay* but I still want to find a shorter, slower, small diameter Roc-putter for cycling.

If we get a second vote then this is what I vote: keep everything about the Stud... low profile and all... but make it more HSS.

I voted lid. If I had a second vote I would have gone for putter.

TurnBurn suggested this in the original thread and the idea is my #2 choice for this disc:

I really got into the Innova Stud because it was advertised as a shorter, slower Roc. This sounds fabulous on paper. In practice it doesn't quite hold up. There is not enough HSS for the Stud to carry the Roc comparison. The Stud is *okay* but I still want to find a shorter, slower, small diameter Roc-putter for cycling.

If we get a second vote then this is what I vote: keep everything about the Stud... low profile and all... but make it more HSS.

Chief OS is very slow Roc like.
Check them out!

I vote lid.

I'd live to be proven wrong, but I think if we go lid, then people will buy one the first year and then never buy one again. It will be a novelty disc, not something that people actually bag. But that's just my 2 cents

I voted fairway and I'd prefer a slower firebird like disc. A cross between the eagle-x and the whippet

mgamache8;3157968I voted fairway and I'd prefer a slower firebird like disc. A cross between the eagle-x and the whippet[/QUOTE said:
That is called a resistor.

While a lid might not have the largest chance to be mass produced, it has the biggest chance to stay in peoples bags.

If you make me a premium plastic Classic Roc or even just something that flies like it, I will buy 20.

They've made those. They didn't sell. Hence the, they don't make those anymore.

They had a very strange bubble too too...

Last edited:
I'd live to be proven wrong, but I think if we go lid, then people will buy one the first year and then never buy one again. It will be a novelty disc, not something that people actually bag. But that's just my 2 cents

I voted fairway and I'd prefer a slower firebird like disc. A cross between the eagle-x and the whippet

Are you aware of how many company's are making a great Putter? A great midrange? A great fairway and distance driver? The market is doing just fine there...

How many good polecats are out there?

Are you aware of how many company's are making a great Putter? A great midrange? A great fairway and distance driver? The market is doing just fine there...

How many good polecats are out there?

I'm saying that there's a reason nobody makes a good polecat.......people don't buy them

Last edited:

Latest posts