• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The disc of the Millenium?

I throw a 1.1 QOLS and like it. Plenty of fade, but plenty understable too so it can go a long way. I also have a 1.3 SOLS but it is much more like a Sidewinder in terms of understability. Not a bad thing, I throw Sidewinders too, but when I throw an OLS I want it to be harder to turn with more fade than a Sidewinder. The 1.1 fits the bill.

I've heard that the JLS is a combination of a Teebird with a Whippet wing, that the OLS is a Sidewinder with a nose spacer (making it more overstable), and the OLF is a Firebird bottom with a Wraith/Starfire/Destroyer top. This is just what I've picked up over the internet, so I'm not entirely sure it's true but I've seen it repeated several times.

@jhoover - The stamp is similar, but slightly altered from the old one.

millennium_disc_golf_discs_jls.jpg
JLS_Millennium_Standard.jpg

Different blend of plastic is my guess, what numbers are written on the disc? It will be somewhere near the "S" in a little circle, with the number one(1) followed by a period(.), and than some other number. That tells you what run it was, so you can identify flight characteristics easier...the one(1) stands for mold number, and the other number following the period(.) is which run of that mold was produced. For the M-JLS (or just JLS, M for Millennium/Pro plastic), the "good plastic" is run 1.20 and earlier.

Flight? More like a beat up Teebird or EX than a new TL or EL, if that makes any sense. Kinda TLish. Not positive on exact comparisons since any disc from any manufacturer will never match up perfectly, but I can both throw huge annys with it, as well as hyzers, or a 400' rope - like ThreePutt said Millennium likes to make neutral discs and have you do the work [line shaping].

I've heard that the JLS is a combination of a Teebird with a Whippet wing, that the OLS is a Sidewinder with a nose spacer (making it more overstable), and the OLF is a Firebird bottom with a Wraith/Starfire/Destroyer top. This is just what I've picked up over the internet, so I'm not entirely sure it's true but I've seen it repeated several times.

You're correct, the JLS is a Teebird top and a Whippet wing. However, I'm not so sure about the OLS comment. What top/bottom does a Sidewinder use?

Here's a great little Millennium fact sheet, and it states the OLS is the Starfire/Wraith top and a completely unique wing: http://www.quadcitydiscgolf.com/Millennium_BestKeptSecret.html

Again, you're correct about the OLF, but to be specific it's the FX wing and Starfire/Wraith top.

****, picture didn't work and I can't edit. Sorry for the double post.

Here's the one you linked to:
-8288626184661597951_1.jpg

Here's a great little Millennium fact sheet, and it states the OLS is the Starfire/Wraith top and a completely unique wing: http://www.quadcitydiscgolf.com/Millennium_BestKeptSecret.html

Again, you're correct about the OLF, but to be specific it's the FX wing and Starfire/Wraith top.

Thanks for the info and the link--lots of useful info there.

Millenium makes great discs and are definitely overrated by a lot of players. I don't know anyone who throws them, and my local disc shop stopped carrying them due to slow sales. The upside of that is that I got a ton of great discs at 50% off, but it's indicative of a trend away from these solid discs.

I wonder, for instance, how many people in love with PDs have tried out OLFs. I've only thrown PDs a few times, but they seemed similar enough.

Thanks for the info and the link--lots of useful info there . . . I wonder, for instance, how many people in love with PDs have tried out OLFs. I've only thrown PDs a few times, but they seemed similar enough.

My pleasure, and it's the whole Teebird vs. Eagle thing. PDs are longer Teebird-esque flyers and OLFs are longer Eagle-esque ones.

Millennium.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

+100 internetz for necromancing a thread instead of starting a new one though.

My Star TL, DX Teebird, and QJLS are so similar that they're completely interchangable.

Someone who has more distance might say otherwise, but for 270-300-ish players like myself...all 3 are pretty much the same disc, just different plastics and durability.

Different blend of plastic is my guess, what numbers are written on the disc? It will be somewhere near the "S" in a little circle, with the number one(1) followed by a period(.), and than some other number. That tells you what run it was, so you can identify flight characteristics easier...the one(1) stands for mold number, and the other number following the period(.) is which run of that mold was produced. For the M-JLS (or just JLS, M for Millennium/Pro plastic), the "good plastic" is run 1.20 and earlier.

Flight? More like a beat up Teebird or EX than a new TL or EL, if that makes any sense. Kinda TLish. Not positive on exact comparisons since any disc from any manufacturer will never match up perfectly, but I can both throw huge annys with it, as well as hyzers, or a 400' rope - like ThreePutt said Millennium likes to make neutral discs and have you do the work [line shaping].

Aha! that is some great info, thank you GripEnemy. I have since lost the original I am replacing, but I do believe it read 1.2 which would explain why I am seeing differences in my new 1.22 purchase. You have discribed the disc so perfectly btw. thanks again, and if anyone out there has a 1.2 feel free to pm or Ill just go bumpin JLS threads till I find one.

Also, I originally bought this disc to "disc down" as it is recommended here in DGCR, so I encourage anyone else looking to do the same to try this disc.

Anyone know the value of an 7/10 First Run (1.1) Sirius JLS? I have one that I am thinking about putting up in the market place.

May sound like a stupid question, but what is the difference between the Q-versions and the regular versions of discs(MS/QMS, JLS/QJLS)?

q is champoin plastic. regular millennium is similar to pro but better, maybe star/pro. Usually q breaks in slower, and will have less glide than the base line counter parts.

That's it?? lol I thought it was a different mold or a tweak or something, now I feel like an idiot. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts