• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled across this thread last night and must say I was both amazed and inspired! This morning I finished my light workload quickly and was home by noon with vinyl (scraps from my local printshop), rit dye, and a new exacto knife. My first attempt was on a crystalZ Buzzzz that had found its way into the campfire one night. A few fun experiments and I was ready to try something real. Next was an Innova mini that didn't take the dye very well but was a great practice piece, even tried a little marbling (hard to see in the pic). Finally a star TL that I had won at this years Ice Bowl (CTP 22nd place!), it had already been dyed by someone, when I removed the stamp you could see the lettering in the dye. The Zappa image I've had around for a while so it was an easy choice to start with. Cutting, masking, and dying went OK and I've got plenty of questions that I'll post elsewhere. The black on the Zappa dye is really much darker in real life, have to work on my exposure time. I was really happy with the results and believe me the only reason someone like me could have done this in one day is because of a lot of really great info located in one place. Can't thank you guys enough, especially those who have been happy to share their trials and tribulations with this technique! You ever have a question about tie dyeing fabric feel free to ask, I'll have the answer!

:thmbup:
I remember the first time I heard Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention. 1967 on KPPC fm(underground radio) in SoCal. Back then there was only about 4-6 rock stations on fm radio. KMET & KLOS are the only ones I remember.
Your Zappa disc shook some cobwebs loose:cool: :hfive:

Stained-Glass inspired CryZtal (I like fish)
Discraft-Buzzz-CryZtal-175.jpg

These are the teet ... especially like the fish. Funny, as I was looking for a Pisces theme for my two sons BD. And there be fishy's

This is my first ever dye (other than marbling). I wanted to do something that had some detail and was more creative than like a tribal or something. I love Star Wars characters and thought Yoda was perfect for my MVP Ion since I use "The Force" when I putt. Hope you enjoy!!

Photo35.jpg

Yeah. The tooth missing was a total accident. I have no idea where it went. It was there for at least 5 dips, which leads me to my gradient point. I pulled like 4 rows of those hexagons at a time and did 5 minute dip intervals, re-heating each time to make sure it was even. I think I may try one with shorter dip times next to see how that works out. I think it took about an hour with weeding and cleaning and re-dipping. I did 3 discs that way this time. By the time I got to number 3 I was like a ninja with my tweezers plucking those damn hexagons.
I completely understand. This dye isn't perfect. Can you tell me why?

picture.php

Did a few to try to unload at a tourney this weekend.]
This 1-Up didn't turn out as well as my first one. Probably because the pearly GL takes it so awesomely well. This is one of the new flat white GLs (Flow)
IMAG0195.jpg

Knocked this out...it bled a little, so I didn't get the purple as deep as I wanted :|
IMAG0194.jpg

So my River was kind of ground camo, and I wanted to dye some opto plastic. So I put an Arsenal logo on it. My first multicolor dye (3) and it turned out great. But it looks odd on the already tie dyed disc. I still like it, and it'll be easier to find.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts