• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly how I envisioned it, but I think it'll work.
picture.php

TheSquidAndTheWhale.jpg

Like this?

A S-PD. Actually dyed royal blue, not black. But left it in too long, and it looks pretty black. Hopefully it will look more blue as it ages. Had the freak stamp. Royally sucked to get off. Some really deep small lines. You can see them in a few places. The dye actually didn't bleed anywhere.

2zfsxaq.jpg

Does anyone want to share the cube/ QBert pattern with a fellow dyer? :D PM me if you have the pattern, I'd love to give it a shot one day. I made my own, but it cuts each line for each square individually, not very smooth or fast. Much appreciated! :p

Does anyone want to share the cube/ QBert pattern with a fellow dyer? :D PM me if you have the pattern, I'd love to give it a shot one day. I made my own, but it cuts each line for each square individually, not very smooth or fast. Much appreciated! :p

Go back to page 347 and find a post from yawpstang64 just past half way and there is the stencil available there

@Eky8 - Great looking dyes man, you've thrown up some nice stuff.

@dgdave - dig the simple look, nice and clean. Also, as already said, that scarab is sick.

Just finished this up for a friend:

picture.php

Just finished this up for a friend:

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Hope your friend likes it a lot excellent work. Oh if he throws it in the water u have the right to kick him in the nuts.

Thanks schnelle.

Haha, his jewels should be safe, we play in the desert. He did say he didn't want to throw it now, but I told him that's what it was made to for, so he better.

Nice, those are sweet, good looking lines. I've been wanting to do a Calvin dye for a while, have to get on that.

My turn on the cubie bandwagon. My first time dealing with the cursed discraft black-on-z stamps. Much time spent burnishing before the dip seems to have done the trick, tho(stamp contours are still highly visible, tho). I love this pattern(thanks to yawpstang for saving me the time of creating the pattern) and think i'm going to do a few more in different colors, but methinks a plotter might be in order for next time :p.

picture.php

Man there have been some awesome dye's lately. Apparently it was a pretty slow DG winter with all the new dyers that have come out of the woodwork. Great job everyone. Looking forward to a big turn out for the Okthrowberfest contest this fall.

looks sweet. whats the orginal color of that buzzz?

also meant to add that I actually took it slightly darker than originally intended. Would have liked a little more separation between the dark and medium colors, but learned a little bit about timing anyway. That dip was 5.5 mins at 130 deg, and the second was 2.5. Probably would have been better for the second to have been 1-1.5. Seems to me like the color deepening decreases as duration increases, at least to a certain extent. Ymmv of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.