• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, that's a sweet ass dye. Digging the flaming skull as well. Great idea to do dyes for someone who returns a disc, I'm going to start doing that.

@Dan Howard: That's a sick dye, you didn't butcher anything man.

some Rihanna dyes for Mr. Orange:

IMG01490-20110218-1516.jpg

close-up:

IMG01491-20110218-1516.jpg

2 colors, but 3 shades of the orange.

edit: they're '09 Ace Race discs (which is the Focus i believe)

Those are sick, love the shading. I've only been able to squeeze out 3 shades of one color, ever have any luck getting more than that?

Hell yea companion cube. That's an awesome dye. I'll have to try some more shading work. Haven't done much that required it, last time I tried it on a DX disc, so didn't really expect much anyway, love dyeing ions though.

jq83S.jpg

Did this a while ago for a friend. Next time I do a kamikaze flag, I'm cutting on disc so I don't run into these problems.

It's an Avenger.
And it's toxic waste. So its a Toxic Avenger.

Yeah, I'm really proud of that one. I'd just like to get my technique down to where I don't have one mistake glaring at me with every dye. I've had two perfect dyes so far, one is in my fiancee's bag, and the other I lost at BlueGill in 3 feet of snow. All the others have some disaster bleed that I can't stop staring at any time I look at it.

k9fE6h.jpg

Here's the one that's in my fiancee's bag. Opto River.

The one below that is the one I lost at Bluegill, and I posted it in the first dyes thread, so if you happen to see that disc around, lemme know.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really proud of that one. I'd just like to get my technique down to where I don't have one mistake glaring at me with every dye. I've had two perfect dyes so far, one is in my fiancee's bag, and the other I lost at BlueGill in 3 feet of snow. All the others have some disaster bleed that I can't stop staring at any time I look at it.

I know the feeling, I notice every tiny error on a dye and I can't stop looking at them, but chances are no one else will notice them, except other dyers, and only the good ones at that. Haven't played BlueGill, where's that at? I'm in Reno, but if it shows up, I'll let you know.

BlueGill is Wayland, MI... so its not likely. But its a private course, and the owner tries to return discs, so with any luck it'll get back to me when the weather is nicer.
Here's another disc I made for my fiancee a while ago. I should have cropped these photos better.
zygqlh.jpg

Another one. I hate it when someone hands me a disc and says: "Put whatever you want on it." This was for a local. Liked it so much when I was done almost didn't give it back. But I don't throw Meteors. ;)

2qjgkyg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.