• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does the dying process take? Maybe I could visit and then we play Harry Myers...just a thought

I live and dye(hahahaha) in DFW(Garland). The process may or may not take long. The better your process, the more efficient, but I have stencils that took me hours to cut out and 10 min to dye. I have also had stencils that took 10 min to cut and hours to dye. As I dye more my process becomes better. I think Dan Howard talked about taking notes somewhere. If you are wanting consistency easy, notes will help. Winging it works too, but may take longer and increases the trial and error factor.

I am up for a dye session in DFW. And I am close to Harry Meyers. Let's do this.

I live and dye(hahahaha) in DFW(Garland). The process may or may not take long. The better your process, the more efficient, but I have stencils that took me hours to cut out and 10 min to dye. I have also had stencils that took 10 min to cut and hours to dye. As I dye more my process becomes better. I think Dan Howard talked about taking notes somewhere. If you are wanting consistency easy, notes will help. Winging it works too, but may take longer and increases the trial and error factor.

I am up for a dye session in DFW. And I am close to Harry Meyers. Let's do this.

Sounds cool...lemme check the schedule. When you're married to a Kindergarten teacher...THERE IS ALWAYS A SCHEDULE...lol

BBB the supersonic is an Innova "dog" disc, and I thought only available in Star but that one looks champ to me. To answer your question, no, I remember that sweet Chewy the Wook!

Haha my bad, never seen a champ sonic/supersonic and I thought it was a superclass! That makes that disc even cooler!

It's always a little sad when a whole TDaD page fills without a single disc shown. So here's a firkin' disc :D!

lennonsDSC_8710.jpg

Haha my bad, never seen a champ sonic/supersonic and I thought it was a superclass! That makes that disc even cooler!
It would be fine in any superclass tournament but tops out at like 125 so a little on the light side. Never thrown one but might try dyeing one. Brother Dave did a great job, all those little rings will really show off any centering mistakes.

ps Meant wookie the chew, winnie the pooh, yea wookie the chew, I didn't even go back and look.

It's always a little sad when a whole TDaD page fills without a single disc shown. So here's a firkin' disc :D!

I agree, that's a great looking disc Dan, Jon would be proud of that one.

Here's 2 I finally finished up and about to be shipped off.

Z Xtreme - Chrono Trigger
Z%252520Xtreme%252520-%252520Chrono%252520Trigger.jpg

Z NukeOS - Cowboy Bebop font and back dye
Z%252520NukeOS%252520-%252520Cowboy%252520Bebop%252520for%252520Dion%252520Arlyn%252520%252528front%252529.jpg

Z%252520NukeOS%252520-%252520Cowboy%252520Bebop%252520for%252520Dion%252520Arlyn%252520%252528back%252529.jpg

Dan breaks the string of no-disc posts, and opens the floodgates for some great stuff! Nice work Dan, Burnt, Sicko, and Kris. :thmbup:

Thanks Lopan, NoThingness and Koogs. The top and bottom idea was my girlfriends, which turned out great. Spent a good chunk of time on those discs, but they're going to a good home and couldn't be more stoked on how they turned out. That's an awesome dye SickDisc, you need to put that on a viper. I love the way reds and oranges turn out on the yellow/green champ plastic, looks great Kris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts