• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another X-mas gift. Champ Wraith
ChampWraithTiger.jpg

Nice, that disc really pops.

Sly, love the "sly or dye". DyeingToPlay, sweet tiger. Posted this one in cool combos thread, but forgot to post it here. It's for a friend. He said that's all he wanted, but I'm going to try to talk him into having me add some marbling.
CIMG8649.jpg
[/IMG]

There's too much white on that not to marble it. Tell your buddy to wake up and smell the Barbasol!

Some red, orange, and yellow would make for some sweet flames. Black and red could be cool too.

Yeah, maybe I'll tell him he can only borrow it, then after I practice a little more, I'll take it back and finish it.:)

This is a GL River. Last couple discs I did had slight bleeds in weird places. I think I should do a final swipe of acetone right before I apply my vinyl. I know the vinyl is good and my water wasnt hot at all. (Its the 3M vinyl that comes as a sample roll). I will just make that outside ring a little wider and that will hide the one bleed, And I can live with the rest. I really like the design so I will be doing some more of these with 3 colors. What do you guys think?

IMG-20111217-00081.jpg

This is a GL River. Last couple discs I did had slight bleeds in weird places. I think I should do a final swipe of acetone right before I apply my vinyl. I know the vinyl is good and my water wasnt hot at all. (Its the 3M vinyl that comes as a sample roll). I will just make that outside ring a little wider and that will hide the one bleed, And I can live with the rest. I really like the design so I will be doing some more of these with 3 colors. What do you guys think?

IMG-20111217-00081.jpg

Pretty cool, is that some Native American design?

I use isopropyl alcohol before applying vinyl. Used to work in a sign shop and that was what we used to clean all surfaces before lettering. Might help you.

I think I should do a final swipe of acetone right before I apply my vinyl.

I just ran out of acetone, and used brake parts cleaner before I laid down the vinyl. It worked well for cleaning, and seems to be preventing the vinyl from leaving any adhesive residue behind. I am working on testing different dyes, and chemicals right now, and will have more on it after I finish the dye.

I wash with soap and water after the acetone. The acetone wash is less forgiving in the event I have to pull the vinyl back up a little to make the edges lay flat. Then again, I'm using 641. Not 651, or that 3M Controltac. By edges, I mean the outer perimeter of the disc, so the vinyl is perfectly flat.

And a few more

picture.php

picture.php

-This is to replace my other Green Goblin Opto Trident Ace disc

picture.php

-Now I can say this disc has my name all over it.

The best thing about the compass is when I tee off I point it in the correct direction to the pin and finds its way into the basket!

Status
Not open for further replies.