• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night Crawler

Customer commissioned disc Star Cro
9961813b.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got to do a dye for my own bag.

Pro Leopard

I got impatient, and didn't refrigerate the disc after I did the black dip stage. The black did end up bleeding/mixing into the marbling, but I think it turned out well anyway.

399381_335362479815937_235733156445537_1285094_642827955_n.jpg

Kind of a cool shadow fade thing going on there...A new technique made from supposed mistake...whodathunkit?

Wow, nice work here lately! Tallpat, I think your insanity is reaching epic proportions, that's an amazing disc. Don't go cutting your ear off man. SiRaph, luv what you've managed to do there, intentional or not ;). Everything's soft and fuzzy except your text, makes it really POP! I think its surface dye causing it, if you don't want it instead of freezing try warm soapy water and a microfiber towel. And Askari, that disc is just badazzz! Excellent stencil, execution, and the painting really kicks it up there!

That Nightcrawler is sick, dude. Nicely done!

And thanks for the tip, Dan. I am glad it turned out the way that it did, just as a learning experience. But I think you're definitely right that the remnants of the black dye were lifted and dragged by the SC. Might experiment with that a bit. Maybe do a black dip dye, remove the masking, not wash it at all, then drop it in just white SC to see if it'll blend/fade like that.

Compliments to Dsplayname and Oklahyzer for the color suggestion:
picture.php

I love these moments when I'm FLOORED by a dye. Tallpat, that is a piece I don't expect to see re-attempted. Bravo, that is an unforgettable piece!

Askari, don't stop, don't ever stop....your painting technique is really dialed in!

I love these moments when I'm FLOORED by a dye. Tallpat, that is a piece I don't expect to see re-attempted. Bravo, that is an unforgettable piece!

Askari, don't stop, don't ever stop....your painting technique is really dialed in!

^^^Agreed!!! very nice work guys!!
Askari, is that more of the refill type marker? the painting is awesome!:thmbup:

No, just a good ole paintbrush this time. About 1 tablespoon of rit and 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol in a shot glass. put a layer on wait about 5 mins wash it of n repeat.

Got my buddy a yellow Ion for X-mas... with an IOU for a custom dye. He requested a Phish dye. Thank you, DanHoward for sharing the artwork!
MedIonPhish.jpg

No, just a good ole paintbrush this time. About 1 tablespoon of rit and 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol in a shot glass. put a layer on wait about 5 mins wash it of n repeat.

Rubbing alcohol? Interesting? Is that to avoid damaging the vinyl like acetone would?

Experimented with it and found out because it evaporates so quick, it allows me to ad layers. With a watercolor like effect.

I've found the same case to be true with acetone. The problem I have with acetone is that it eats through oracle 651. Was wondering if Rubbing alcohol wouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.