• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are a couple.PICT0429.jpg First is a champ starfire. 2nd is a Elite Z Flick.

Attachments

• PICT0430.jpg
    PICT0430.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
This one kinda of turned out cool, but was not trying for the effect I got.PICT0431.jpg Did not realize dye was so low. Disc rested on bottom of pan for a bit. Plastic is fine though, no burns or change in plastic. Star Maxx

Did this a while ago but I like it and never posted it
IMG_0749.jpg

Thats a cool one for sure
Here is my most recent. A set I'm going to be doing for Mr. Orange of ESP 169g Ace Race Foci. Had a couple bleeds and one big one, but otherwise nice. Putters seem to be harder to put the contact paper on...
dscf1387e.jpg

dscf1388m.jpg

Also has anyone had issues with previous dye coming off? I did the orange first (the discs are white) and then did the black. I should have done the black then the orange. However the orange kinda came off on the contact paper because of the heat...

Last edited:
Also has anyone had issues with previous dye coming off? I did the orange first (the discs are white) and then did the black. I should have done the black then the orange. However the orange kinda came off on the contact paper because of the heat...

Yes and it bothered the hell out of me - vinyl pulled up some color and left dark splotches where there were bubbles.
I let the last dye, for which this could have been an issue, set for nearly two days and didn't get any noticeable color loss - with yellow I believe. Did the same thing with a red too and I still got some of this, but not nearly as bad as when I remasked the same day.

Seems like dye doesn't affect stamps, as seen in this thread

Generally true, from my experience. Although on a few discs I've dyed it did look weird, and on one I pulled off the vinyl and it took off part of the stamps. It didn't look good. Figured better safe than sorry.

Btw, we only got one comment! Anyone else have an opinion?
splash.jpg
snowboarder.jpg

Which one do you prefer? Input much appreciated! :thmbup:

It didn't greatly affect my colors. It kinda has to be pointed out. Anyway that was only my 3rd dye so... good?

Oh, and yeah, really good. I especially like the design, pretty cool. Good job cutting it out too. Personally tho, I would have gone with a dark orange dye, or dipped it in black real quick, as I think that most of the time straight black on colors is just too boring. Plus it would be more subtle that way. Keep up the good work!

Generally true, from my experience. Although on a few discs I've dyed it did look weird, and on one I pulled off the vinyl and it took off part of the stamps. It didn't look good. Figured better safe than sorry.

Btw, we only got one comment! Anyone else have an opinion?
splash.jpg
snowboarder.jpg

Which one do you prefer? Input much appreciated! :thmbup:

THE DESIGNED ONE IS SWEET!, the snowboarder is cool, but i really dont like dyes like that, i like graphic design type artsy stuff when if comes to being on a disc, any who thats just me who cares what i say

THE DESIGNED ONE IS SWEET!, the snowboarder is cool, but i really dont like dyes like that, i like graphic design type artsy stuff when if comes to being on a disc, any who thats just me who cares what i say

Thats it... I'm going to start doing my designy type stuff once I finish these orders. I've been itch'in for good design in disc golf and I can/should finally do it :D

Also Spliff, I know what you mean by it being a little boring but I'm okay with that. I don't have a green yet and would have done the leafs that way if I did. But otherwise I'm just taking these first few dyes (orders) to get the process down, make a little scratch and get the experience. Soon I will do much more and frankly, I can wait...

I personally like them both. I would choose the first due to the added difficulty but the snowboarder is sick. I like the faded edges of the "Japanese sun rays". Of course that one bleed would be me too though lol.

Also Spliff, I know what you mean by it being a little boring but I'm okay with that. I don't have a green yet and would have done the leafs that way if I did. But otherwise I'm just taking these first few dyes (orders) to get the process down, make a little scratch and get the experience. Soon I will do much more and frankly, I can wait...

Yeah, I see what you mean. Overall tho, it was a sweet dye. And good idea on the green, i didn't even think of that.:doh:

haven't seen any MMA dyes in here before, although Im not going through 266+ pages of dyes
did this one for my friend.
IMG00165-20101129-0324.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.