• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. I wish I had some artistic ability. You guys do some great stuff. I guess I'll have to settle for having dyes done for me. Oh well, at least I still get to throw them.

Echo Star Leopard

DSC01244.jpg

Just finished up this GL Flow for the guy who runs the local club, need to do a hannya or oni mask for myself now. Fist GL disc I've dyed, man they're sweet, need to get some for myself.

picture.php

Gold Line Flow - Hannya Mask

That's a beauty. Great colors, super tight....epic. I have a yellow GL Flow about to be worked over. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

That makes two of us.. I want to do a Tobacco Sunburst on a disc and cant figure out how to "fade" from one color to the next. :confused:

looks like shading to me...not gradient. gradient is when there is a seamless transition between two colors. the mask has lines where the shaded spots meet the bright ones.

Apothecary KICKS A$$- just sayin'

'copters Northman:

Attachments

• 0309011135.jpeg
    0309011135.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 85
Thats kinda what I figured the case would be, but thanks for some actual info. I'll just try freezing it for a day or so and see how much that helps.

Both of the star darts that bigbadbids and I did were before we found out about the freezer technique and mine faded quite a bit in about 2 weeks but then has seemed to hold that Colour for the past 2 months or so. It's unfortunate because they looked so crisp and clean when they were just done but now it's a faded image

I am also cutting a stencil for another star dart and I plan on leaving it in the black dye for 2 - 3 hrs and really drive that black into the plastic. This will hopefully slow down the fading process as well as the freezer tech

I am also cutting a stencil for another star dart and I plan on leaving it in the black dye for 2 - 3 hrs and really drive that black into the plastic. This will hopefully slow down the fading process as well as the freezer tech

Y'know...it would make me think the opposite...the more concentrated the dye in a dyed part, then due to diffusion, since there is a greater concentration difference, the more it would fade...
But, who knows if it actually works like that :D

Y'know...it would make me think the opposite...the more concentrated the dye in a dyed part, then due to diffusion, since there is a greater concentration difference, the more it would fade...

This has been my experience - longer dips just seem to blur quicker - but I've never bothered to time fading in any scientific fashion.

I will guinea pig it for us and let you know what happens.

That makes two of us.. I want to do a Tobacco Sunburst on a disc and cant figure out how to "fade" from one color to the next. :confused:
That orange buddha was done using the shaving cream tech. Instead of going for a marbled look, I tried to blend the colors together. Golden=>orange=>Scarlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts